Replace Atomic Swivel or Keep it

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Atomic OEM second stage service kits include a swivel sub-kit with o-rings and a new thrust washer... its an easy overhaul.
But if you DO want to buy a new regular hose and jam nut I'd be interested in buying your old Atomic swivel hose :wink:

Jam nut and hose is the way to go, sell Fibonacci your old one to offset the cost. By the way Fibonacci I have two titanium hoses just hanging in my locker, 3 hoses ship as cheap as one.

go with the Jam Nut and standard hose

This^^^^
If you want a swivel, you can buy one from other vendors and it will still be a lot less expensive.

Jam nut and hose is the way to go, sell Fibonacci your old one to offset the cost. By the way Fibonacci I have two titanium hoses just hanging in my locker, 3 hoses ship as cheap as one.

Have you done this conversion? I pulled the hose off, noticed the Screw is larger then normal, and is over what looks like the normal size screw. There is also the rubber piece between the housing and the hose, not sure how to remove that yet.

Have you done this conversion? I pulled the hose off, noticed the Screw is larger then normal, and is over what looks like the normal size screw. There is also the rubber piece between the housing and the hose, not sure how to remove that yet.
Many times, everything unscrews or slips off, all you need is the jam nut, they were $12, and a hose. I like the swivel but I don’t like the hose lengths.

I would get a new swivel and put on a flex hose. At least thats what I will do when my swivel goes bad.

Yeah I took my Ti2x titanium swivel hose and replaced it with a 40” MiFlex and a omniswivel. I put the titanium swivel on my Ti2 octo until I figure out what I want to do with it, or someone makes me a offer I just can’t refuse.
I have to say the AA swivel design is elegant and simple but does not hold a candlestick to the flexibility of the Omni and MiFlex!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom