Puerto Vallarta / Sayulita Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks jonhall, heading up to PV to visit family on tues and was thinking about packing my gear and get a dive in, but now i don't think will bother. Water temps in low 80's here in Manzanillo so will leave gear here i think.

Don't take my post the wrong way. Just tried to give you the details of my experience. I'm glad I did the dive because it was different. Saw several types of puffer fish and balloon fish for the first time, which are a smaller type of puffer fish. They're not very fast, have soft spines, and you can shine a light right through them (the DM did this.) Saw a lot of other life as well (starfish, trumpetfish, angelfish, stingray, moray eel, and various schools of fish) for the vis only being about 10-15 feet.

I wouldn't want to be the reason someone didn't experience the diving for themselves. I, personally, just didn't like the logistics of everything else.

I dove PV with Vallarta Adventures and Chicos last August. 84 deg water, visibility 30-40 ft. Dives were nice. I would dive with Chicos again if diving in PV or sites south. If Nuevo or north of PV I would look at Vallarta Undersea as they are closer and not a cattle boat op like Vallarta Adventures. Would not use them again. Had a good time but not looking for the whole party atmosphere.

The other posts here have been right on regarding my experience there and other research I have done about diving in PV. Thing about diving there is to set the right expectations and you won't be disappointed. It is not Cozumel so don't go there expecting Coz conditions and you will enjoy.

I'm going to PV end of April for a week. I'll be at Riu Jalisco, north of PV.

I saw on Scubaboard that Vallarta Undersea is recommended. I have checked their website and tried to book but there is no way to book.

I used the "Contact us" page twice but no answer.
I tried the phone number but I get a recorded message that says "this is a private residence, not a business" in english.

Does anyone know if this operation is still in business?
How does one book a dive?

Heading to Punta Mita next week - plan is to dive El Morro to try to see big Rays and such and the swim thru caves then perhaps a dive at Los Caletas while the other non divers in group play at the beach. Looking at Punta Mita Adventures - which I see is also Puerto Vallarta adventures. Other dive ops being considered are Vallarta SurfnDive and Punta Mita Expeditions .. Any input on dive sites and operators is appreciated..

I dove los arcos yesterday. Viz was very bad. Algae bloom was no joke. Talked to dive boats were all putting the thumbs down.
So buyer beware. Maybe enjoy the street tacos at carbon cita and tacon Del Mar.
enjoy

I dove los arcos yesterday. Viz was very bad. Algae bloom was no joke. Talked to dive boats were all putting the thumbs down.
So buyer beware. Maybe enjoy the street tacos at carbon cita and tacon Del Mar.
enjoy
Thanks for heads up!

Going to be in PV this weekend. Thinking of finishing my certification there. How are the waters? Anyone been out recently?

I'm going to PV end of April for a week. I'll be at Riu Jalisco, north of PV.

I saw on Scubaboard that Vallarta Undersea is recommended. I have checked their website and tried to book but there is no way to book.

I used the "Contact us" page twice but no answer.
I tried the phone number but I get a recorded message that says "this is a private residence, not a business" in english.

Does anyone know if this operation is still in business?
How does one book a dive?
Hi. We are thinking to go to a PV resort, and see Riu Jalisco is reasonably priced. Did you find a dive op to go out diving with?

Thanks.

Check out PV Ocean Tours, nice equipment, 6 pack boat and Marc is a fantastic guide.

Back
Top Bottom