Cabo San Lucas Area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JDubs09

Registered
Reaction score
Anyone have any suggestions for dive sites and dive shops that I should definitely contact? Planning on going in about 2 weeks. Thanks!

We've been down there the past two Novembers and dove with Manta Scuba both times.

As to sites, in addition to the local diving around Land's End, and the dives on up the Corridor, we've done side trips to La Paz and Cabo Pulmo, both organized and lead by Manta.

I had a very good experience with Manta, but I heard excellent things about Ninja divers too. Divesotes in Cabo are quite limited though, but a couple of them are great, like Land's End. You can also get to Gordo Banks from Cabo, but in all honesty it can be a hit or miss dive trip, as the place is fairly deep and divers normally hang out in the blue looking for hammerheads.

Divewise, I personally enjoy more La Paz or Loreto. More variety of sites

Just an option here. Cabo Adventures has a couple of diving tours that are a little cheaper than some of the other dive shops. When we went a couple of years ago we dove Cabo Pulmo and Land's End in CSL at half price (also did another tour through them also half price - they had a Black Friday special - we purchased the tours in Nov. for our trip in Jan.) It was a great deal - look up the price to go to Cabo Pulmo from CSL with any dive op. Currently, Cabo Adventures has a buy 2, get 1 free or 15% off of a adventure.

Granted, it's not a typical dive op, but they provided pick up/drop-off, transportation, and the same 2 places to dive, mentioned above, as the other ops. To go to other dive sites though, you will have to use another op.

I went with Dive Ninjas. They are a small shop but I kind of liked that. Did a few dives just the DM and I in the CSL bay - not much to write home about (sooo many boats in the water too - many of which were not observing very good safety practices) though I did enjoy my second dive out further one with the sea lions - nothing like a bunch of underwater borkers to keep you entertained! Did a second day with them to Gordo Banks - that day we were 4 divers plus the DM who had a minivan to drive us about to San Jose del Cabo and take the boat out from the marina there (some shops and days they take the boat from CSL to Gordo which would be a pretty long haul). Boat was comfy with a little bathroom on board and was less than half an hour to get to Gordo. We did get skunked though - both dives didn't see anything whatsoever.

Much preferred my diving up in Cabo Pulmo (which I posted about recently). The whole town is basically geared towards diving and the park is pretty pristine - giant schools of fish and fairly reliable regular sightings of the bull sharks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom