Scuba Diving is Open in Komodo and You Should Go

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jaii Fredregill

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
8B098796-AA92-4E2D-BEF4-0A35E00582BC.jpeg
All dive sites in Komodo National Park are open and fully accessible. You can still see the dragons too. If you are considering a holiday here there is no reason to be deterred. Here's all the information about our recent scuba diving trip to Komodo.
Scuba Diving is Open in Komodo and You Should Go | My Mola

Great write up! We are doing a LOB with DDK in just under 3 weeks and I can't wait. Your trip report made me all the more excited. Beautiful pictures, as well.

What thickness of wetsuits were most people wearing? I am trying to decide between a 3mm and 5mm.

What thickness of wetsuits were most people wearing? I am trying to decide between a 3mm and 5mm.
Go with 5mm, especially if you do 3-4 dives per day. On top of that water temp can vary in Komodo NP, you won't get the consistant 28C you often find in Tulamben.

Thank you. I hope you have an amazing time. I would bring the 5 mm. My husband, who was the photographer, didn’t wear a wetsuit at all but he’s very warm blooded. The rest of we’re cold, so the 5 mm was nice to have.

Thanks for the write up, it's really useful. Our visits might have overlapped as I was there between 20 and 23 April. I saw the dive boat a few times out in the national park. I stayed at Scuba Junkie as I prefer to be away from Labuan Bajo, but the Yoshi is another option. I should be back in late Aug/start of Sept - I can't wait!

Thanks for the kind words. We really enjoyed our time in Komodo. I wish we were going back to soon too. I'm a bit jealous of you for that. = )

Do you recommend DDK for the 2N boat or is that to short? I can either to the 2N boat and PB for a couple days or just do a longer livaboard in Komodo. Not sure what to do...

I recommend making sure you have at least 3-days of diving in Komodo however that works out. As I wrote in the article, I stayed at the Dragon Dive Hotel/Hostel, but I know the Liveaboard has similar comforts and design - and my understanding is that it is about 20%-30% less expensive than most in the area.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom