Lost Dive Log Details

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JesterDiver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I had been downloading my perdix dive log to my iPhone via bluetooth after every dive so I can immediately enter my notes regarding the dive, like locations, while they were still fresh in my mind. After one of the downloads I realized that all of the details I had entered in on the previous 6 dives had disappeared. The data was all there but the text I had written in was all gone. It seemed to only affect the dives on this particular trip. I hadn't tried to sync to the cloud yet since I was on a liveaboard with no reception. I was planning on doing that when I get on land. Either way I've lost all of my dive sites and other notes I had typed in.

Help?

It's super redundant and annoying but I still upload my logs to Shearwater desktop.... then backup databse.... then upload the db file to Shearwater Cloud Desktop... then sync to the cloud... then syn my iphone.
It's absolutely stupid I know. Plus, this doesn't help bring back your dives with the notes.... I think. Did you sync it with the Cloud? Can you open up Cloud Desktop and see if they loaded into there?

The more important something is the more I back it up. I hate having to redo something. When working on a book my rule is it should take at least two medium size nukes to take out my book. I have seen too many services or pieces of electronics change or die over the years. Maybe data paranoid but I do not fully trust the cloud. Backups for me need to be independent in terms of software and hardware and geography.

Hi Jester,

I'm sorry to hear about your lost dive details. Please send us an email at support@shearwater.com if you haven't already and we will do our best to get this issue sorted out.

We are actively investigating this issue and we encourage anyone who has experienced this issue to let us know at the above email.

Regards,
Mark

Hi,

I had the same problem today with 36 dives. I only had the dives details (site/location) in the cloud so I don't see any other way of getting them back.

Regards,

Miguel

Back
Top Bottom