GUE fundamentals

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I took a few swim lessons before Fundies. Like you, I could swim laps but had never learned proper form. The lessons helped. The Fundies swim test was a breeze.

So the swim test went ok. Thank you guys for the advice.

The class is nothing like I have done before, it is very packed, with theory/dives/video feedback.

I definitely recommend it for anyone who is willing to put the effort into improving his buoyancy/trim.

You get constructive criticism and advice you can act on.

Really tough four days but I think it is worth the effort.

So the swim test went ok. Thank you guys for the advice.

The class is nothing like I have done before, it is very packed, with theory/dives/video feedback.

I definitely recommend it for anyone who is willing to put the effort into improving his buoyancy/trim.

You get constructive criticism and advice you can act on.

Really tough four days but I think it is worth the effort.

Congratulations on doing the swim test and completing the course.

Congratulations on doing the swim test and completing the course.
Well I have only a provisional pass, so 6 months to improve and get a pass :)

Well I have only a provisional pass, so 6 months to improve and get a pass :)

Show of hands here who first got a provisional? Okay, I'll go first. I can't find an emoji for a raised hand, so you'll just have to picture it.

Anyway, congratulations--even a provisional is not easy.

Show of hands here who first got a provisional? Okay, I'll go first. I can't find an emoji for a raised hand, so you'll just have to picture it.
:happywave: I'll make do with this one.
Oh, and my provisional wasn't even for Fundamentals, it was for Fundamentals part 1. Didn't even get close to the entirety of it the first time around.

@BlueTrin You're already looking at this from a learning and improving perspective as opposed to passing which is great! The GUE training experience has a lot of ups and downs but the net impact on your diving will be up if you continue to approach it the way you are. Congrats and keep at it!

I would recommend joining a local GUE group and diving with them. Honestly, you'll get more out of that than simply practicing on your own or even hiring an instructor for a day or two. I may be biased in this opinion due to where I am and the size+awesomeness of the GUE community here but still ...
This was 2 days ago - I'm the one in the orange drysuit. Came a long way from the Fundies 1 provisional in single tank/wetsuit and the credit for that goes to the people I dive with. Long way still to go as well and I know I will be depending on my fellow divers to take me there too.

I would recommend joining a local GUE group and diving with them. Honestly, you'll get more out of that than simply practicing on your own or even hiring an instructor for a day or two. I may be biased in this opinion due to where I am and the size+awesomeness of the GUE community here but still ...
This was 2 days ago - I'm the one in the orange drysuit. Came a long way from the Fundies 1 provisional in single tank/wetsuit and the credit for that goes to the people I dive with. Long way still to go as well and I know I will be depending on my fellow divers to take me there too.
Nice video, I followed your advice and joined the UK Facebook group

I would recommend joining a local GUE group and diving with them. Honestly, you'll get more out of that than simply practicing on your own or even hiring an instructor for a day or two.
Can agree with this. I grew so much as a diver through the Sydney GUE community!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom