Teric users quick review?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Midwesterndvr

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Any teric users, overall what’s your opinion on this computer? Specifically battery life? I’m looking for light recreational use. I like the compact design although I haven’t had a chance to see one in person.

When you see it you'll want to buy it.

It's an awesome computer.

You will get approx 30 hours of Dive Mode Time out of it with AI on (screen Medium Brightness, default Sample [Log] Rate of 10sec).

On my Teric, Max Brightness, 2 sec Sample Rate I did a dozen dives over 4 days and had plenty of battery left.

I'll write a more detailed post later about the battery but fear not, it all good!

I like it a lot. But it is a lot more conservative than my Oceanic. Like 12 minutes one time between me and my son and we did all the same dives.

If you like being conservative then the Teric is great because even if you don't go into deco, if you even get close within 5 minutes I believe, it will add 2 minutes to your safety stop.

Great computer. Easy to read, menus are intuitive, and simple to use. Easily lasts a couple days of diving before recharge.

I like it a lot. But it is a lot more conservative than my Oceanic. Like 12 minutes one time between me and my son and we did all the same dives.

If you like being conservative then the Teric is great because even if you don't go into deco, if you even get close within 5 minutes I believe, it will add 2 minutes to your safety stop.

The Teric runs on a Bühlmann ZHL-16C algorithm with gradient factors. This means that the conservatism of the computer can be adjusted by editing the gradient factors. I dive using 40/85, their default medium conservatism for recreational diving, but this can be easily tweaked to be more or less conservative by editing these gradient factors.

The adaptive safety stops which increase safety stop time based on dive profile are a nice touch.

using as watch - 7 days (approx -15% battery per day)
diving - approx. 3 days, depends on dive count & duration.
afaik turning off compass drastically reduces the battery drain.
btw note that if you use OC REC mode the compass will timeout at random time periods (0.5-3 mins, average 2.0 mins) so if you need constant compass you have to use OC TEC mode.

overall opinion - great computer.

You didn't RTFM, did you?

@IncreaseMyT

At rec default of 40/85, it would be more conservative than DSAT. At 45/95 it is a fair match, often a little more conservative on 1st dive, more liberal on repetitive dives, with an effect of depth.

If you like having the maximum NDL (based on the Bühlmann ZHL-16C algorithm), then you can't beat the Teric. I set my Teric to 99/99 in OC Rec mode. Having dived to NDL based on 99/99, I use Surface GF to surface at 70 or less. This should be more conservative than the OC Rec default of 40/85. Works for me.

Note: For OC Tec, I currently dive 50/70 which is slightly different from the 40/75 that I trained on in my AN/DP.

Last Wednesday I did 5 dives for a total of 6 hours 37 minutes dive time, high setting and used as a watch between dives on high, it was still at 64% after the last dive.

It’s easy to charge, you can use just about any QI charger and it charges well from a battery pack, the thing rocks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom