G2 Compass Is stuck between NW and NE

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

William McDaniel

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello all, I recently purchased a G2 and have had it on only a few very shallow dives. The compass will not do anything but read between NW and NE. It never shows South no matter how much I work it. I have done a factory reset and updated to firmware 1.5. Any suggestions? Thanks! Bill

Maybe you need to go south of the equator.

Just kidding. Try to calibrate it. That should do the trick. If not, you will have to send it in for service.

Correction, go back to dive store and have them send it for repairs. See screenshot of manual:
Screenshot_20190322-064951_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

A compass that points between northeast and northwest? You mean a compass that points north?

If what you're saying is that when you face south, the compass continues to indicate north, then your solution is probably factory service. Sounds like some badness in the pixies.

With some digital compasses you need to rotate them in a figure 8 to calibrate but I don't think this is the case with the G2 but worth a try. If that doesn't workk then contact the retailer or Scubapro directly.

There is a known G2 compass problem at least for some units. I had to send my in for repair. Take it back to your dealer so they can send it in. Mine has worked fine after the repair.

It looks like I'm having the same problem. I started a chat with Scubapro on another topic (The Scubapro G2 manual doesn't include any information on compass symbols). Here's a short movie of the problem, with the compass sticking between N - E despite a slow 360˚ turn:
I'll start a new thread for those looking for significance of compass symbols.

exactly the same problem here ! Poor thing I realised it after warranty has expires because I use an analog compass . For such hi-tech computers this is without excuse . Uwatec was more professional in my opinion than Scubapro in this field of equipment

I just noticed the same issue. I went to my backup analog compass and it was stuck too. Time to get my wrist mount compass in the gear kit until I can replace my console. I want to get a backup computer for trips away from home.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom