Another Rhode Island Dive season set to begin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tkaelin

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I am anxiously waiting for water temps to rise to begin this year's dive season in Rhode Island. My comfort level with a 5 mil bottoms out at about 55 degrees which is usually hit around mid to late May. For those hardier souls and with warmer suits, have you been diving lately and any reports or pics to posts?

Wishing everyone a fun and safe dive season this year. TK

I wish I could get in the water. :( In Jan I had rotator cuff repair on my left shoulder and 3 weeks ago I had full knee replacement of my right knee. I don't expect to be in the water until well into June. :( On the up side I'm retired now so once I can dive, there'll be plenty of diving!

Speedy recovery!

@AfterDark, congratulations on the retirement! Let me know when you’re ready to start diving, I still get 1 day off during the week. Say hi to Mrs AfterDark!

Erik

Thx tkaelin! Erik good to hear from you. You'll know when I'm ready! :wink:

Water temps at the Newport buoy finally cracked the 50 degree mark if only for a couple hours. Heading to RI in a couple weeks hoping to dive. Fingers crossed it gets warmer.

If you're ever willing to let a New Yorker tag along let me know... I'd be willing to make the trip out for a few dives...

If you're ever willing to let a New Yorker tag along let me know... I'd be willing to make the trip out for a few dives...
Originally from NY so no problem there. I'll let you know. I dove up your way a couple times (Lake George) and was impressed with the quality of the lake diving. Deeper thermoclines and surprisingly good vis.

More dreary cold rainy weather. This is no way to start a dive season.

Agreed, if we don't start getting warmer days and nights the only help with warming the water this season is going to be the Gulf Stream. :wink:

Gezzer Update:
Maybe it's just as well I can't dive now. My shoulder is ready to dive now, the knee however still needs more time. Started climbing up and down stairs unaided (mostly, cheat leaning on the wall some) this week. That hurts a little but bearable. A clear indication I'm not ready to throw on tanks and lead and walk up and down rocky inclines yet. The swelling has gone way down and the range of motion is almost normal.

So here's to sunshine and light winds this summer!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom