JBL Hydro Seals Aqua Plugs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In the past i used DOC ́s Pro Plugs but they are hard to fit correctly.
I never heard about the Hydro Seal Plugs they look interesting from a fitting point of view.
But i wonder how they "allows user to pressure clear ears".
I can not directly spot a hole in them or something similiar.

I can probably give you feedback in a few weeks. :D
I researched a little bit, and ordered a pair from the USA.
Shipping will take a while to germany but it's the only place where i could find them.

I've used them both. JBL work fine. Since they go IN your ears more they are a bit more stable (less likely to get lost) and somewhat easier to fit.
Yes, they do have a tiny equalization hole.

I'm the kind of guy thats getting a ear infection just by looking at salt water.
So the standard procedure got: Dving with plugs and hood, afterwards rinsing with fresh water and ear drops.
Altough the ProPlugs come in about 8 different sizes none of that fits me well enough to dive without a hood.
Would be great if these fit better, the fact that these seal in the ears and not at the conchal bowl got my hopes up. :)

Yeah, the Proplugs just about have to have a hood to feel secure with them. I always dive with a hood so that's not an issue.
The JBL use both the 'plug' and the concha bowl to secure. You might be OK with them.

FWIW I wouldn't bother with a fresh water rinse. Ear beer is about 90% water diluting the acetic acid and isopropyl anyway.

Received the JBL-Plugs about 2 days ago. Really happy with them, perfect fit.
Yay~ for no longer diving with hood in warm water. :)

I suggest you still continue at least a quick ear beer rinse after each dive. Make that ear canal hostile to bugs.

I have the JBL also. They offer a tight fit but still comfortable.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom