Mako unit with 1991 Bauer Compressor Identification help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Follow up from question I had on slower turning Bauer 1991 KAP 14-7,5 H compressor. A Bauer tech told me they target 1250 RPM's but can turn slower by few hundred without adjustment to oil pres. or anything else. So hopefully I'll be above 1000 RPM's. The amp in rush for any motor can be up to 6X what's on the motor plate for normal running so I might run off 100amp service if the 50 cannot handle it.
Hopefully I'll be filling my bottles soon, thanks for all the advice.

OK thanks for Oil and VFD info. I have some MAKO blue synthetic to start with. should be called Mako Gold or Platinum its so much money. Wow that's a good price. have to see about shipping to Alaska.

Find out what oil is in it mineral or synthetic and stick with it
Don't swap from mineral to synthetic

I use Shell Corena P100, I think everyone where I go does
and even where I don't go

Pay particular attention to oil swapping in “MORE PROBLEMS'”

Michael McFadyen's Scuba Diving Web Site

I use HuanYang cheapest VFDs like this beauty for two 3 phase compressors and one booster

View media item 207821Compressors - Scuba Engineer
Do you know if the 10hp Huan Yang will run my KAP 14-7,5 H bauer sufficiently? I Have specked out a VFD for running at 7.5hp and they all say I need a 15hp VFD and those jump way up in price. like 1500. They did make a 5.5hp version on k-14 block, just need to spin compressor around 1250 give or take a few hundred. Love the price of $248 for the 10hp Yuan Hang.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom