Metalsub XRE 1200R torch battery

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tony1964

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Anyone know where in the UK to get a replacement battery for a Metalsub XRE1200R torch & how simple it is to fit?

I assume you've tried one of the many dealers or Metalsub themselves? How long have you had it? A dead battery is curious.

I'm interested in this light, how do you find it? Cheers.

I did some research, they don't sell battery's for that model. Looks like you'll need to return it to them or an authorized dealer.

On a positive note apparently their customer service is excellent. Please post back an very interested in the outcome. Good luck. Cheers.

It's an unusual (for a dive light) LiFePo4 pack, 6.4v/3.2Ah. I'm going to guess it's a 26650 (about D-cell size).
LiFePO4 26650 Rechargeable Cell: 3.2V 3300 mAh, 19.8A Rate, 10Wh - UN38.3 Passed (NDGR)
They are lower voltage and capacity than Li-on, much tougher, and not nearly as common.They are a good choice for safety and durability, not for energy density.

Are you SURE yours are shot? Good LiFePo4 cells have a pretty long life if they are decent to start.

If the back is removable, unscrew it and take a look. If not...without seeing it that's the most help I can give.

I actually ended up buying a new light (same one) & will send them the old one back for repair as a spare.
Not complaining that the battery went, to be fair I have had it for a couple of years & dive with it most days so lots of use.
A good solid lamp that for a change isn’t made of crap plastic - nice heavy metal

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom