Apeks wsx-45 or halcyon zero gravity

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rhodesy

New
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
So i am looking for thoughts and opinions from experienced sm and cave divers who have used either or both Rigs. And the upsides/downsides they found with both.

With cave diving in mind I am looking at a new sidemount rig and I cannot make up my mind about what would be better suited.

Also open to any suggestions regarding other rigs. I simply want as much information as possible about each rig before I purchase one.

Cheers

XDeep.

The Zero G is Halcyon’s version of a Mexico rig, but they built it like a Florida rig, so it’s kind of meh.

I haven’t tried the Apeks in the water, but it looks like they just made themselves a Mexico rig that’s just different enough not to step on anyone’s toes. If it were significantly cheaper than the xDeep or Razor it might be worth a look at, but IMO no reason to go with any of the “also ran’s.”

Just look up the xdeep stealth on here and you’ll be swayed in the correct direction

I use the Apeks WSX25 (has 27lbs lift) with steel HP100's and it's been an excellent streamlined BCD with adequate lift.
Note, I am also in a drysuit 99.9% of the time.
Steve M reviewed it a couple years ago. Apeks appears to have made a few nice alterations to the wing and harness based on his comments.
This wing is also light and great for travel and a very durable material.

BTW, I will been arriving at a friends in Sydney May 17th. We are spending a week diving up at the GBR. My first time to Aus and really excited.

Back
Top Bottom