Woman’s Wetsuit Suggestions (frequent use)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diver-6873

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Posting for my wife ...

She currently dives a Henderson TherMAXX 5mm, rear zip, full suite and sadly it has not handled the frequency she dives (average 6-8 dives most weeks). The back zipper and surrounding seams all separating.

She’s looking for suggestions for a 5mm full suite that can handle year round frequent use ... all southern Caribbean use. She’s eyeing the Bare Evoke but open to suggestions from woman with similar frequent dives. She’d like to get at least 2-3 years use (1000+ dives?) with proper care.

Thoughts and suggestions welcome. Living on Bonaire, the options are limited to try and get different models locally which means we may need to look when off island.

Thanks!

Just want to say how jealous I am ... :wink:

My wife uses the Bare Evoke and loves it but 1000+ dives I don’t think any wetsuit will make it that far and be useful. I look at wetsuits as consumable the neoprene breaks down with use and the newer stretchy neoprene seams to breakdown faster.

Bare Evoke or Aqua Lung AquaFlex (mine has withstood both pleasure dives and DMT).

Perhaps Truli has a suit for your wife?

Bare Evoke or Aqua Lung AquaFlex (mine has withstood both pleasure dives and DMT).
My wife uses the Bare Evoke and loves it but 1000+ dives I don’t think any wetsuit will make it that far and be useful. I look at wetsuits as consumable the neoprene breaks down with use and the newer stretchy neoprene seams to breakdown faster.

My Evoke fits like a dream and is warm in Oregon water but after only 3 dives it's already showing scuff marks and scrapes. Have y'all's been longer lasting/had good durability?

My wife is looking at the fourth element proteus. I’ve heard they are durable and warm.

My Evoke fits like a dream and is warm in Oregon water but after only 3 dives it's already showing scuff marks and scrapes. Have y'all's been longer lasting/had good durability?
You'll get a little bit of scuffing and wear but it should stay good after. My knees are scuffed from dealing with students and the back and under the chest strap have some pilling from my bc.

If your wife was happy with the fit of the Henderson TherMAXX, she might consider the Henderson AquaLock. It is a much more durable design and material. We use Henderson suits here at the aquarium where i work and when we tested the TherMAXX, they just weren't durable enough. We are now testing the AquaLock and they are looking good so far. Two of the biggest issues we have with suits (seams and knee pads) are just not an issue with the AquaLock due to it's design so I am hopeful that theses will be an upgrade from the Thermoprene suits most of our staff use.

Back
Top Bottom