Feel painful when use force fin pro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WAI SHING LUNG

Registered
Reaction score
Hi,

I hv got my Force Fins pro in last years and hv worn them for 2 LOB. I find that when i used the fins in first few times in LOB, my instep feel painful anvd got red sfter few dives, is it something wrong when i kick with my fins?

I hv borrowed my fins to my frd and he got the same prb too.

Some questions come to mind.
- Do they fit, or are they too big, or small?
- Are you wearing them with neoprene booties, the padded inserts, bare feet, or something like aqua shoes?
- Are you going from little diving to lots of diving all at once?
- Do you have a very pronounced instep? The flying force has a window over the instep.

Hi,

I hv got my Force Fins pro in last years and hv worn them for 2 LOB. I find that when i used the fins in first few times in LOB, my instep feel painful anvd got red sfter few dives, is it something wrong when i kick with my fins?

I hv borrowed my fins to my frd and he got the same prb too.

Sounds like either not the correct size See Force Fin Shoe Size Conversion Chart – Force Fin or you have a bony knot or contour on the top of your foot that is taking all the pressure of kicking the fin in that one spot. Either way there is a fix or maybe your foot is better suited to an adjustable foot pocket force fin Adjustable Force Fin – Force Fin Speed Pods are not currently provided
Force-Fin-Adj.jpg

i wear EU 42 shoes with 5mm hard sole with XL force fins. I hv tried L size force fins before but only can wear a 3mm boot and got the same prb.
I upload the pic for the spot that i feel painful and the fins with my boots. Actually my left feet feels more painful than right feet snd is it normal that there is space in the foot pocket (I cannot put in mt foot anymore)

Attachments

• 15559026490149107383746622730177.jpg
    15559026490149107383746622730177.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 200
  • 15559029106216664936539231383304.jpg
    15559029106216664936539231383304.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 174
  • 15559029652644692869849303524415.jpg
    15559029652644692869849303524415.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 232
Sounds like either not the correct size See Force Fin Shoe Size Conversion Chart – Force Fin or you have a bony knot or contour on the top of your foot that is taking all the pressure of kicking the fin in that one spot. Either way there is a fix or maybe your foot is better suited to an adjustable foot pocket force fin Adjustable Force Fin – Force Fin Speed Pods are not currently provided
View attachment 515840

Thanks Bob, And its strange that my foots seems feel better after few divesbut it already hurt and need few days to recover. So if I hv a long trips (e.g. 7 days) I will feel hurt in first 2 days and become better in next 2 days and not painful anymore at the end of my trip. And when i hv a 4 days trips last week, i few painful throughout the whole weekend but slmost get well when my trip end.... haha.

Anyway, for the adjustable force fins, the material is original force fins and softer than the pro version, right?

And anyway to fix if it is my feet contour issues?

Not sure if it is becoz i am an asian so my feet contour has a bit difference.

Thanks

Wai, the fit looks ok, but a high instep. I can see. Years ago I ;earned how to cast people's feet. I would suggest the comfort instep. I made this for high instep protection. Where do you live, need to help you be happy. I quit the Jet fin since it tore up the end of my feet..

Attachments

• JM-Cousteau.jpg
    JM-Cousteau.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 153
I have a size 10 foot, wear 5mm booties and the XL Force Fin Pros are the most comfortable fins I own. Barely feel they are there.

Wai, the fit looks ok, but a high instep. I can see. Years ago I ;earned how to cast people's feet. I would suggest the comfort instep. I made this for high instep protection. Where do you live, need to help you be happy. I quit the Jet fin since it tore up the end of my feet..
Hi Bob,
I live in Hong Kong. If using the comfort instep, i need a XXL size force fins or change my boots, right? I hv one before with my old L size force fins, but It is too large for me with comfort instep and sock when i wear the L size, so I wear 3mm boots at that moment. And I cannot put my comfort instep with my 5mm boot with XL size, so i sold the comfort instep with my L size force fins before:confused:

Regards,
Shing

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom