ScubaBoard Invasion Central 2019 Fiji

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I received a reply from a person at Beqa Lagoon regarding the recompression chamber in Suva. I asked if the new chamber was operational (because the old one isn't) and here is the reply:

To my knowledge the Suva chamber was meant to be up and running this
month but currently is still not operational.

Unfortunately we have not received any updates or timelines as to when
this may be.

Vinaka
Aaron

Thirty Four Days and counting!! I am so excited. Just went back and looked at several of the Fiji videos again. Love the one that shows several new creatures that are now a "must find" on my bucket list!! Still debating on which wetsuit to take, and trying to understand adapters vs converters!!

I have all of my camera gear batteries in a "fanny pack" in my carry on. I can wear it around my waist (under my shirt) if need be. Also carry on my pink rain jacket that has huge pockets! Pockets can also be loaded up if I am overweight! I will be the gal waddling around with big bulges!!
The hubby and I will be right there with you. We bought specialized coats that have dozens of inside pockets for batteries, blankets, reading materials, eye masks, sunglassed, dive compiters, phones, ipads, passports (RFID protected), etc. SCOTTeVEST sells really nice ones.

Thanks for the info about the ScotteVest. Do you use the coat as a back up or do you wear it with all of your little goodies tucked in their place? Do you just take it off and place it in the overhead compartment? I have heard of them and will research. Maybe we should just have a contest to see who is waddling the most dressed as a personal suitcase!!!

Thanks for the info about the ScotteVest. Do you use the coat as a back up or do you wear it with all of your little goodies tucked in their place? Do you just take it off and place it in the overhead compartment? I have heard of them and will research. Maybe we should just have a contest to see who is waddling the most dressed as a personal suitcase!!!
It is my first time using it on the plane. So I'm sure i will off load some stuff when onboard. It prob isn't too comfortable loaded up. Yes I think we will see lots of people wearing their carry-ons! Lol.

Getting so excited I can hardly wait.
What kind of grouper is in the VoliVoli video? It is a really big one! Is it a Goliath? I know all of you Florida guys know a Goliath when you see one. There are going to be so many new creatures to see! I will be like a kid at Christmas! Better not forget my sleeping pills!!

Getting so excited I can hardly wait.
What kind of grouper is in the VoliVoli video? It is a really big one! Is it a Goliath? I know all of you Florida guys know a Goliath when you see one. There are going to be so many new creatures to see! I will be like a kid at Christmas! Better not forget my sleeping pills!!

I think they call them Queensland grouper over there. We call then Goliath grouper in our part of the ocean.
Here is a video that shows the size of these fish

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom