Installation of a bulkhead connector for a BZ400 undersuit question.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As far as I know there is difference.

from Santi website "available with “APEKS” or “SI-TECH” screw size"

**Update**

Have spoken to Santi, sent a few pictures and have confirmed that a part was missing from my order.
That part is now on its way to me by mail. It took a bit to get a reply but as soon as the problem was known it was also solved.
Cant wait to try out the heated under suit.

So what ever happened with this? I just bought the Santi heated system with the bulkhead for an Apeks valve like you have, and I have the same exact problem. How do you get the E/O cord through the existing inflator valve when there is no "ring nut" so the cord can pass through?

Thanks!

So what ever happened with this? I just bought the Santi heated system with the bulkhead for an Apeks valve like you have, and I have the same exact problem. How do you get the E/O cord through the existing inflator valve when there is no "ring nut" so the cord can pass through?

Thanks!
The first contact at Santi said the rear cover "appeared" to be incorrect , after a bit of discussion it was confirmed to be correct and I was informed that the rear cover comes off the threaded ring section, you pass the cord through and snap the cover back into place. Nothing was ever needed to be mailed to me, they answered my questions fully.

The first contact at Santi said the rear cover "appeared" to be incorrect , after a bit of discussion it was confirmed to be correct and I was informed that the rear cover comes off the threaded ring section, you pass the cord through and snap the cover back into place. Nothing was ever needed to be mailed to me, they answered my questions fully.
Thanks. Just curious but what brand drysuit do you have? Mine is a DUI FLX Extreme that’s 5 years old and there is no way that the backplate on my Apeks valve is 2 pieces. It’s almost like DUI uses a different backplate to make the valve lower profile, or I have an older valve design.

So if I can’t resolve this, I guess I can buy a new Apeks inflator valve or just go to the thermovalve and be out the $200+ on the connector.

upload_2019-2-9_10-48-29.jpeg

Here’s the back (inside suit) side of my inflator valve. I think it’s an older version as there is no way that backplate consists of 2 parts. I'm trying to get the replacement parts from the newer version, but at this point it's either get a new Apeks valve and use the Santi connector, or just bite the bullet and buy the Thermovalve.

If you decide to get the thermovalve, I might be interested in buying the bulkhead. Let me know if you decide to go that route.

If you decide to get the thermovalve, I might be interested in buying the bulkhead. Let me know if you decide to go that route.
Helpful to know that...I have some queries into folks so I should know if I'm going the Thermovalve route by the end of this weekend. If I do, I could offer you the drysuit connector bulkhead at a decent price.

Mine is a Santi, bought new two years ago.
That makes sense. I'm not sure when Apeks changed their design, but unfortunately I have the older Apeks valve version.

Back
Top Bottom