Shore Diving Maui & 72s

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rakdiver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi all, I am headed to Maui the last week or of April and have booked a series of boat trips with Lahaina Divers which includes free tanks and weights for additional shore dives.

I re-certified on Maui a few years back and dove Makena Landing (which I loved). Any suggestions for other shore dives (will probably hit 4-5 sites)?

Any issues with Lahaina Divers I should know about (I've gotten mainly very positive feed back so far)?

Are 72s pretty standard for operators in Maui?

Thanks!

Most Maui shops also carry 63s--something to consider for some of the sites that require stairs or lots of walking (Slaughterhouse / Honolua Bay).

You'll find that many Maui sites are so shallow that you'll surface because you're cold rather than low on air.

Lahaina Divers are the only ones who use the 72s. AL80s are standard for everyone else.

Ulua is a good site in S.Maui and would make a good dive paired with Makena Landing if you want to do 2 tanks. Malta Wharf can be amazing if viz is good.

Most Maui shops also carry 63s--something to consider for some of the sites that require stairs or lots of walking (Slaughterhouse / Honolua Bay).

You'll find that many Maui sites are so shallow that you'll surface because you're cold rather than low on air.
Thanks very much

Since you're using Lahaina are you staying in West Maui? Arguably the best dive on the west side is Mala Pier./Wharf - google it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom