Change in buoyancy from 12l to 15l cylinder

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Why? It IS not an optimal single tank to dive if you’re in normal or average height parameters. I never said it’s un-diveable. 12 L 232 bar is generally much more comfortable for most people.

Honestly, I think Scubaboard is a toxic community sometimes. I don’t really care, but why am I being told all my comments are camel dung? I forgot to say 232 bar because that’s the most common pressure where I am.

Simple,don’t dive a 15l!

They’re heavy, uncomfortable, and unbalanced

Maybe it is because you didn't answer the OP question and just started spouting your opinion as if it was fact. And if you compare your last post with your first post you qualify your initial statement, basically stating your initial comment was crap as well.

I wouldn't have used the phrase "camel dung" but your comments are often sweeping statements, based solely on your experience and training and dive location.

It's a big world out there. Off the top of my head I could give 5 reasons why BM doubles aren't ideal where I dive, and 12L x 232 Steels wouldn't be the best for me. But reasons I would chose a certain config or indeed dismiss a config don't necessarily apply to others. There is no way @Storker kit config would be suitable where I dive, and my setup would be wholly unacceptable for him.

So you could help yourself if your replies were more considered and you accepted that often there are other ways to skin a cat and to settle on a certain configuration one needs to weigh up all the pro's and cons that are applicable to them and their conditions. If you feel you're point of view has legs, then discuss it in a reasoned fashion rather than than throwing unsubstantiated one liners out there which make you look like a troll.

It’s because you word your replies like if they were absolute truth: they may or may not be but this will usually not being the best of the person you talk to :)

Maybe it is because you didn't answer the OP question and just started spouting your opinion as if it was fact. And if you compare your last post with your first post you qualify your initial statement, basically stating your initial comment was crap as well.

Alright it’s just misinterpretation then. I’m not trying to sound like a troll. I certainly accept that there are other ways to skin a cat.

I’ll rephrase my statement by saying that for ME, personally I find that a steel 232 15l is not optimal for me.

@BurhanMuntasser show some respect.

Alright it’s just misinterpretation then. I’m not trying to sound like a troll. I certainly accept that there are other ways to skin a cat.

I’ll rephrase my statement by saying that for ME, personally I find that a steel 232 15l is not optimal for me.

@BurhanMuntasser show some respect.
I meant to say, you could say something like this:

“I do not know what’s the weight adjustment to do. But have you thought that 15l are usually not great for trim/balance/whatever.

From my experience, I am better off using a twin 12l, this is usually a better balanced configuration due to (explain why)”

That means the same thing but you would explain your position and that would let other people continue to discuss. You still say that 15l isn’t the way to go but since you explained your reasoning it sounds more like a discussion as people can reply/agree/disagree.

Just my two cents and feel free to disagree/correct me (as always) !

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom