Tiger beach options 3rd attempt

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Puffling

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
so, this will be my 3rd attempt to go to tiger beach.

Year 1 we flew out on the back of a hurricane, year 2 tried with reef oasis, didn’t make it & I don’t want to go back there & if I did I learned by going that there is a high chance the trip doesn’t run, the sea has to be perfect, perfect for a few days before With other boats going first to chum or the sharks don’t come apparently and numbers of course. Also the hotel is past its best, which I wouldn’t have minded if we had got to do our planned diving as we were there for the diving not the hotel, but that’s a whole other story.

I really want to go with epic but the past 2 years have struggled to make that work, this year I’m waiting on final schedule, they are my first option

I’m watching a couple of other options while I wait on epic, but places are filling up, and I like that epic do smaller trips.

Just wondering what other options / recommendations people have just in case?

the bahamas aggressor and bahamas master both do trips to tiger beach. i went last nov on the bahamas master, but the boat is the yameya and it is just worn out at this point. i would slot it in between a truth aquatics boat and the emperor boats in egypt.

..Just wondering what other options / recommendations people have just in case?

It's NOT that far on dual outboard engines.....Have you considered Shark Addicts ?? They run to Tiger Beach all the time. We see them loading at our marina where we are at and they are good friends.
Shark Diving Florida - Shark Addicts

Plus if the weather changes, you still have plenty of shark options Florida side with them to get photos.

JASA runs out there also from FL. They show a trip listed for mid-April.

Jim Abernethy's Scuba Adventures |

Not every Aggressor trip goes to Tiger Beach - IIRC they're listed on the website somewhere.

I was just on the Bahamas master last week. It was an amazing trip. I dont have any complaints whatsoever. This was my third liveaboard. My last liveaboard was the brand new cayman aggressor boat. That being said, it was fancy and luxurious. The yemaya is older, however it was perfectly functional and has everything you need. The crew was great also. I will be going back on this trip with master in a couple years, it was that good. We saw Jim Abernathy’s boat out there. It looked really small. I hear they put ten divers on it in tight quarters. I’m not sure if that’s correct though. Bahamas master holds 16 divers. They usually do two groups of 8, dives separated by an hour. Or, they do an open dive deck policy. Group 1 in, group 2 in 45 minutes later. Believe it or not, the water never felt crowded. Some people didn’t dive first thing. Some people dive for 45 minutes. Some people would stay in for 2-2.5 hrs. There were times I was one of just three divers in the water out of 15 divers in the boat. I highly recommend checking it out.

Just had clients on Bahamas Master and although she had a bad start a year ago, they have spent a lot of time and money on her, fixed all problems and redone the interior and now we are getting fabulous reviews. The boat is by the best option for Tiger Beach and they are getting Great Hammerheads as regular visitors, as well as the Tigers, the usual Lemons, and even some curious Bull sharks. They also dive a few spots with reefs as a color background for the shark shots, adding another dimension to this already legendary destination. We have spaces as low as $2320 on 7 nights, 10 nights and 14 night trips coming up in May and June with April special of 20% discount. Plus more trips in September, October and even Christmas/New Year for 14 nights. Please check out our availability and let me know if you have any questions. Cheers dom
Live search for dive liveaboard spaces

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom