Options for dry gloves use with Aqualung/White's Fusion SLT?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As in you put the glove where the wrist seal should be (make it permanent sort of) or you just remove the wrist seal and use only the pull over gloves?

Remove the seal and put the glove in the lock ring.

If you have the oval ring I can strongly recommend that you DO NOT get the Antares dry glove system, that is unless you enjoy wet hands and broken plastic parts that are expensive to replace!

A friend just recently switched to the Ultima system and has been very happy with them although they can be a bit of a challenge to doff.

I have tried the Antares, I found them difficult to put on and the do leak often, easy off though. Now using the Virgo with great results, they are bulky but in use don’t notice them at all, you do need to lube them every so often to make them lock and unlock easily.

My experience has been with the Aqualung/White's Bullet drysuit and the Sitech Glove Lock QCP system. It has been easy to use and setup. However the rings are big and does limit mobility of the wrist if not set up properly. This system also allows for replacement of the seals and gloves without special tools.

My experience has been with the Aqualung/White's Bullet drysuit and the Sitech Glove Lock QCP system. It has been easy to use and setup. However the rings are big and does limit mobility of the wrist if not set up properly. This system also allows for replacement of the seals and gloves without special tools.

Did you buy your suit with latex seals and have it retrofitted with the quick cuff rings and glove lock system?

The current suits that come with a si-tech system come with the oval wrist rings. These can be used without modification to the suit with either the Si-Tech Antares glove ring system (not recommended), the Si-Tech Virgo glove ring system (very similar to the Glove Lock system), or the Waterproof Ultima DGS.

-Z

I've been using the Si-Tech Quick Glove system for about ten years now and I'm very happy with them. Very easy don/doff and always dry. One slight modification to the system is to throw away the o-rings that come with the system and order some -153 o-rings as replacements. The original o-rings are slightly to large and will pinch and leak if you are not very careful when doning the glove, the replacements have no issues at all.

I had the Glove Lock on my first (non-Fusion) suit and the Ultima on the current suit. Ultima is so much better due to the smaller rings.

Would the Fourth Element Ellipse system also work with the Aqualung SLT cuffs? Seems like it...

Would the Fourth Element Ellipse system also work with the Aqualung SLT cuffs? Seems like it...

Yes, definitely.

SLT (Seal Lock Technology) is just Aqualung's parlance for Si-Tech's QCS oval cuff ring system.

Here are the common names which all refer to the same products (wrist cuff and neck ring seal retention systems):
Si-tech - QCS: Quick Change Solution
Aqualung - SLT: Seal Lock Technology
Waterproof - ISS: Integrated (Silicone) Seal System - It seems that Waterproof does not use ISS anymore and instead now just uses the Si-Tech product names.

My recommendation though is to consider the Rolock 90 dryglove system instead. It is also designed to readily integrate with your cuff rings and works much better than the Fourth Element Ellipse system.

If you really want a set of Fourth Element Ellipse, I have a nearly new set that I purchased to test and review that I am willing to sell or trade for a set of Rolock 90. DM me to discuss further.

-Z

Back
Top Bottom