Change in buoyancy from 12l to 15l cylinder

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What’s the issue with the 300bar ?

Takes a lot of steel. My 15x300 was more than 24kg. No fun.

Now, 10 and - perhaps - 12L 300 bar is rather nice, if you're willing to live with the disadvantages. There are a few, but for me the advantages outweigh the disadvantages

I know that you can have 232bar and 300bar for 15l the 300bar is heavier. Is that what you are talking about or is there something else ?

You just have to read my location to know that I am talking about 15l steel. It is even in my first post:
I really don't know what I am talking about. Seems each side of the pond have their own terminology for tanks and they don't always accurately reflect the actually sizes enough to simply use conversions. lol
That being said, a lot of the guys around here use either the FX100DVB or the FX120DVB. The FX100 is the same dimensions as an aluminum tank. The FX120 is quite a bit longer. In fact it is even longer than my 133's. I like my 133's because they are not really that much bigger, 2 inches longer and 3/4 inch greater diameter. They may weigh 10 lbs more but I lost 7 lbs of lead switching.

I really don't know what I am talking about. Seems each side of the pond have their own terminology for tanks and they don't always accurately reflect the actually sizes enough to simply use conversions. lol
That being said, a lot of the guys around here use either the FX100DVB or the FX120DVB. The FX100 is the same dimensions as an aluminum tank. The FX120 is quite a bit longer. In fact it is even longer than my 133's. I like my 133's because they are not really that much bigger, 2 inches longer and 3/4 inch greater diameter. They may weigh 10 lbs more but I lost 7 lbs of lead switching.
That’s really interesting: when you say they weight 10lbs more is that when they are full ?

Seems each side of the pond have their own terminology for tanks and they don't always accurately reflect the actually sizes enough to simply use conversions.
The physics is the same, no matter which side of the pond you hail from

I dive both 12 and 15L tanks with the same weight. Once in the water its hard to tell the difference.

No, I prefer singles. A 10x300 (or a 12x232, or a 15x200) is enough gas for me for one dive. Swapping a single tank is easier than faffing with fills between dives, and a single 10 is noticeably lighter than twin 10s.

200, 232 or 300 bar? As I tried to allude to in a previous post, there's quite a bit of a difference between those. "15L" alone doesn't make much sense, you have to include the pressure rating. Mass (weight), balance and buoyancy is rather different between those.

Apart from that, I agree with others in this thread that your blanket statements would be better suited as manure than as information.
232 bar.

This is total camel dung.
Why? It IS not an optimal single tank to dive if you’re in normal or average height parameters. I never said it’s un-diveable. 12 L 232 bar is generally much more comfortable for most people.

Honestly, I think Scubaboard is a toxic community sometimes. I don’t really care, but why am I being told all my comments are camel dung? I forgot to say 232 bar because that’s the most common pressure where I am.

but why am I being told all my comments are camel dung?

Hahaha I can easily manage a 15l single but they’re not balanced underwater. They are unstable and uncomfortable no matter how big or tall you are. It’s not about size it’s about height of the tank for a taller diver. Just get doubles if you don’t mind a 15l and be amazed at how much better they are.

I wouldn't have used the phrase "camel dung" but your comments are often sweeping statements, based solely on your experience and training and dive location.

It's a big world out there. Off the top of my head I could give 5 reasons why BM doubles aren't ideal where I dive, and 12L x 232 Steels wouldn't be the best for me. But reasons I would chose a certain config or indeed dismiss a config don't necessarily apply to others. There is no way @Storker kit config would be suitable where I dive, and my setup would be wholly unacceptable for him.

So you could help yourself if your replies were more considered and you accepted that often there are other ways to skin a cat and to settle on a certain configuration one needs to weigh up all the pro's and cons that are applicable to them and their conditions. If you feel you're point of view has legs, then discuss it in a reasoned fashion rather than than throwing unsubstantiated one liners out there which make you look like a troll.

Why? It IS not an optimal single tank to dive if you’re in normal or average height parameters. I never said it’s un-diveable. 12 L 232 bar is generally much more comfortable for most people.

Honestly, I think Scubaboard is a toxic community sometimes. I don’t really care, but why am I being told all my comments are camel dung? I forgot to say 232 bar because that’s the most common pressure where I am.
It’s because you word your replies like if they were absolute truth: they may or may not be but this will usually not being the best of the person you talk to :)

Back
Top Bottom