Diving Naked - Stupid/Fun Topic

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When I hit 100 dives I was told the same thing. I have absolutely no problem being naked in public, I did, however, have a problem with being naked in the 55F waters of Monterey Bay, so I never did do my nekkid dive.

I went to a suits-optional hot tub party at a Mensa convention decades ago. I had a rowdy reputation in the 80s, and was still in good shape from my farming years, but took my option to keep mine own. I guess I was the spoil sport.

With a little luck, my 500th is coming up in a couple of trips. It'll surely be in Cozumel, with the floating hydroids, morays, lobster, triggers, etc. I think I'll stick to my jumpsuit.

I've never kept a log book or counted my dives which I've always thought was a strange practice. Do you keep track of how many times you've ridden a bike?

I don't keep a bike log, but I also don't significantly change gear configurations when I cycle. With diving, there are changes in salinity, temperature, gear configuration, tanks, topside and u/w conditions, just to name a few. Having a logbook to look back on makes it easy to see what kit setup will work best for my next planned dive. It's also a handy place to keep track of which sites I liked or didn't like, what operators I used and if I would use them again, and even which restaurants and hotels I was at while traveling. All of those things are items I've gone back to my logbook (hey, it's even on paper, there are a few of us dinosaurs who still use that) to reference months, years and decades later.

What I don't have in that logbook of mine is an entry showing a dangly dive. I dated one girl who was interested in getting it on underwater (but that's a whole different thread...). Sorry to say, that never happened. Might make for an interesting story if that Cozumel tourist sub had happened by at that moment.

But thinking about it it got me curious. Has anyone every splashed ever dove naked?

If so, what were the circumstances. Where at? Why? Who was in your group?

I have, sort of. My wife and I went to Hedo in Jamaica a few years ago. While we didn't do a scuba dive naked, we did go out on a nude snorkeling trip once. I really enjoyed the feeling of it.

That said, I've gotten really adept at noticing how many jellyfish there are in tropical waters and would probably be too worried about the important bits being unprotected now that I know better.

I've never kept a log book or counted my dives which I've always thought was a strange practice. Do you keep track of how many times you've ridden a bike?

I find logs super helpful for reminding myself of entry and exit points, whether I liked a dive site or particular cenote, remembering weight on different configurations, and so on. Was I in a steel backplate, an aluminum backplate, or a standard BC? Was I in a 7mm, a 3mm, or a drysuit? I have a terrible memory for weight configurations, so it's really helpful to me.

I used to be pretty fastidious about logging interesting animal sightings, which I almost never do now unless it was really interesting or unusual.

And, I do often log my mountain bike rides, particularly when I try out trails that I'm not familiar with. That way I know whether I should go back to one and if so, how to find it.

I did, with my DM who reached her 100th dive. But even in 30 degree C, we didn't stay much longer than 20 minutes... It's fun though, just like skinny dipping. I like feeling the water all around my body.

Has anyone every splashed ever dove naked?
If I average the water temperature during all my logged dives, I seriously doubt it'll be in the double digits (C). So, no. No way in heck.

I did, however, have a problem with being naked in the 55F waters of Monterey Bay
You're a gal. You think you have problems? For us guys, the embarrassment is way too much. Even before we start considering the discomfort.

Didn't read the enire thread - but no one wants to see your junk,

Not since Coca Cola marketing decided to change it's original recipe have I seen a worse idea! I don't care if you are built like The Rock; giant stride or backroll entry is going to be way too much bad naked for some poor soul to witness. Try something classy like a nice dinner out, champagne or fine wine.

Back
Top Bottom