Seeking Dive Buddies (Clearwater area)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dorado

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Still relatively new to Florida and I live in Dunedin. My dive trip for shark teeth & fossils this past week reignited my interest in diving. I have gone through PADI's advanced diver course and have 50+ dives.

I'd like to get to know other divers locally.

New to Florida & new to this board and if nothing else wanted to post this as an introduction.

Cheers

Welcome! I'm new around here as well. I'm a independent PADI instructor and occasionally need a buddy as well. I'm way up in Spring Hill, a bit more of a drive but, closer to the springs. I'll try to keep you in mind in the future! Enjoy the area.

Hi Sortsol, thanks. I snorkeled off my kayak out of Weeki Wachee last summer for scallops which was fun. Not having grown up in a coastal area I find this sort of stuff really cool.

I’m moving up to the north side of brooksville soon, hoping to get a lot more diving in since im moving from Lakeland and it won’t be so far

There is also an active dive club in Spring Hill. Hey have a page on FB that I can't think of at the moment. PM me if you're interested with your email and I'll send you some info later.

I'm relatively new to FL as well. Need to get back in to the water ASAP! Would love to meet some new dive buddies and hit up a few of the local and 1-2hr drive sites! I'm in Wesley Chapel but not afraid of a bit of a drive to dive! Hit me up!

In north Pinellas if anyone is interested. Only done some spearing with friends and a charter on this coast. Otherwise it’s been a few trips to SE FL. I need to get out and make bubbles.

I'm in Safety Harbor, and just about twice a month I do the "Wukits Walk-in" whereas I shore dive Venice Beach. Occasionally I have a buddy, sometimes I'm just solo. No real preference, but I often dive weekends, and I aim to leave Pinellas by 8-9-ish to make the hour drive south. You are always welcome to message me and see if I'm diving the upcoming weekend. I have about 40-ish dives over the summer, but I am no expert.
I'm always looking for an excuse to get wet.

The Wukits Walk-in;
Beach entry, and depth is often 20'-ish
Requirements :
Dive Flag/Marker - as vis sometimes drops real low, and we get seperated. If you don't have one, I sometimes give mine out for the dive. This way if we get seperated I can surface and re-dive on to you once I get to the marker.
Compass - Same reason as above, so if you are separated, you know the shore/land is due east [you cannot miss it :wink: ]

I dive with 2x[sometimes 3] steel 100's so I get ~ 1:45 per tank. You are always going to find sharks teeth so maybe a bag too.... couldn't hurt.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom