Fiesta Americana

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

poolecw

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Any of you guys have any recent experience with Feista Americana? I'm particularly interested in the quality of the food and also the cleanliness of the room (and resort in general).

Recent? No.

That said, I had my certification trip there back in the day (2004) and have been back a couple of times since then.

It's nice - nothing too crazy. It's not the 4 Seasons or anything but clean, food is good. Pool is nice (swim up bar wasn't always staffed, but was a nice feature.) It often seemed pretty sparsely occupied, but we viewed that as a plus.

The beach is pretty lame, but the dive operation was top notch.

I wouldn't hesitate to stay again.

Fiesta Americana underwent a huge renovation a couple of years ago. Have had friends stay there in the past few months with no complaints, although the ones who ventured about on the island decided they’d stay somewhere closer in and not AI to enjoy Cozumel life.

Last edited:
Any of you guys have any recent experience with Feista Americana? I'm particularly interested in the quality of the food and also the cleanliness of the room (and resort in general).

My wife, my 8 year old daughter and I were there in March for the 3rd time. My wife and I are heading back in three weeks. The rooms are spacious with large balconies and are kept very clean. Beach towels are plentiful and on a card system. Could always find a spot around the pool and most of the time on a bed overhanging the ocean (ahhh bliss). The food is quite good for an AI (better, in our opinion, than Secrets, Sabor, and Occidental where we have also stayed). The pool is getting a little tired and needs a refresh. The swim up bar is rarely staffed which is annoying. No beach (ironshore) but better snorkeling as a result. Five minute walk to Money Bar (live music several nights and good food if you want a change from the AI). ABout a $10 cab ride into town. Good pier for pickup and drop offs and there are no issues with using a dive op of your choice. For the money, this is a good value resort that check most of our boxes.

Any more recent reports//comments on the FA? 'considering it for a June trip with my non-diving wife.

I took my entire office there about two years ago....no long after the renovations. Everyone enjoyed it. Rooms very nice and clean. Spa was wonderful. Dinner was good, but I prefer several places in town.

Any more recent reports//comments on the FA? 'considering it for a June trip with my non-diving wife.
Just back from 11 days at FA. Had a 5th floor master suite (very spacious, clean and comfortable) with a jacuzzi hot tub in the room which we used as a convenient dunk tank to rinse the gear post dives. They make fresh sopes, including pressing the tortilla from cornmeal, for breakfast. Eggs any way you like them, huge selection of fruit, juices, pancakes, french toast, cheese, meats, everything. Lunch buffet usually has a special (unadvertised). They have amazing fish tacos available all day until 5pm. Same with hamburgers, hotdogs, nachos, chicken wings, etc.The seafood paella was incredible. Dinners are very good for AI. Food is super important to us and why we love FA (and no Montezuma's revenge over 5 visits!). No limits on the a la cartes (many other AIs only allow 3 or 4 per week) and no reservations needed (very helpful for early morning divers). The staff go out of their way to ensure that you have a great experience and our drinks were constantly attended to down by the ocean or at the pool.

We've stayed at several other AIs on the island. FA is the only one we return to and I'm already looking at dates for 2020.

Fiesta Americana underwent a huge renovation a couple of years ago. Have had friends stay there in the past few months with no complaints, although the ones who ventured about on the island decided they’d stay somewhere closer in and not AI to enjoy Cozumel life.

Yes, September 2014 they re-opened after massive renovations. I hear great reviews form my divers who stay there.

I was there the last week of March. We stayed in the Explorian area not the main campus of FA. I found it clean and well kept. Our room was cleaned regularly and was in good shape. There was a slight musty smell when we arrived but, I think that was due to not having the AC on before.

Food is very subjective. We enjoyed everything. We stay at the FA in Cabo and felt like the food and service was better there but, Cozumel was good.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom