Trip Report Trip Report & Pics - Cayman Brac Beach Resort

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nice pics! Any advice on getting camera gear to Brac? My backpack is close to 50 lbs and my buddy’s is more like 65.

65 pound backpack.....wow. I think my wife's entire backpack was 70 lbs when she climbed Denali..... :)

The good news is that the planes in and out of CB are not the small ones used for LC. That said, Cayman Airways did weigh our carry-ons. My camera backpack is probably 25-30 lbs (GoPro tray, dual light set-up so not as heavy as DSLR gear).....they didn't say anything or charge us extra. We were 4 adults traveling and checking in together as a family group....I get the impression that sometimes they look at the overall picture of the traveling party and if some are over and some are under they let the 15lb carry-on limit slide. I also brought 2 checked bags....which Cayman Airways said were included (had to pay for bag 2 on JetBlue).

At 50-65 pounds....Not sure there is any way around it, you may be charged....but this may depend on how much checked baggage you have and its weight.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom