Hollis F1 measurements: need help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Typhon

Registered
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm considering Hollis F1 for dry suit diving, however I'm kind of between Reg and XL according to the charts and unfortunately I cannot try them in my area. I can possibly buy them online and send them back if they don't fit, but ideally I'd like to get the proper size at first try.

So if people that possess regular or XL models could post a photo of the foot pocket measurements, so I could compare with my present fins, that would be really nice.

Thanks in advance.

What's your foot size?
I am US 10 and wear extra large on the smallest spring strap setting with 5mm boots wetuit & drysuit.

According to the charts I'm US 10 too, however I like when the fins are quite tight. That's why I'm wondering if regular would fit or be too small. And only reading the charts doesn't really help in my case... And trying to collect advice on the internet didn't help either : they are also split almost evenly between the two options.

I do have a comparison with the medium/large F2 that I used before (so I know how they feel), which is why the actual foot pocket sizes would help a lot for assessing which one is closer.

F1 sizes are a bit of a mystery. I'm UK 11 shoe size (which I think is the equivalent of US 12) and need 2XL. I'm an XL with any other fin but the F1 XL was way too small.

As Chris said, you can set the spring straps on a shorter setting which is handy.

Yes, size charts and letters don't really help, which is why actual measurements would be helpful :)

I'll measure.

Regular:

A8ED2404-8FD3-439E-A61D-C827E6C39F46.jpeg
40D06B0F-D073-471C-90A9-AD86C2A0C597.jpeg
91404B00-FC0D-4B30-992E-BBD327820D9D.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom