I have become that which I loathed, a....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There’s a good bit to be said for simply throwing all your kit in your vehicle and off you go. No airplanes involved.
Right. Especially if you're like me and hate spending gobbs of money and all the airplane nonsense that didn't exist 20 years ago. Now, if I could Star Trek transport to the tropics to dive I'd probably say goodby to Nova Scotia waters forever (not that it's so bad).

I LOVE to head somewhere warm with crystal clear bath warm water to dive in. That being sai dc I'm diving wet tomorrow in PA, 65 air temp 39 bottom temp. Thankful for my thermalution shirt lol. Anything to get wet anymore, still trying to talk the wife to moving south sooner then our 9 year retirement mark.

I live in Sudbury. I own a drysuit, as I used to live in Halifax and Victoria.

I know there is good diving to be had in the Great Lakes. I just wish there was good local diving. There is a local Scuba club. I may join them and see if any of the locations are worth it.

My folks have a camp about 15 miles south of Espanola. I have spent every summer there since I was 12 years old. I still fly in via Sudbury every summer from Indonesia for three weeks of vacation. Anyway, when I was young we used to drop down walls and such searching for schools of perch. Now I would sooner take a sharp stick in the eye then venture into water that cold. So yeah, Im no destination diver. I just stick to local dives at home. :)

Friends don't let friends wear speedos.

In cold water dive, shrinkage would be an issue. Size appropriately, gentlemen.

It is elusive..... I dive a charter that only goes there for a few weeks each season. He sets his own moorings, and removes them afterwards. Some really nicely preserved wrecks. I have been on the Frontenec, Katie Eccles, Olive Branch, Annie Falconer, Sheboygan, China....

There are some stupendous technical dives there too - Petrie 1 & 2 that I have not been on. Search here on SB for what @Stoo has put up pictures of...

I'm not sure what the deal is with moorings on the Frontenac etc. I THINK that Kingston folks put them out. P1 and P2 are not marked however. They're horrible dives anyway... :wink:

Petrie 2 BTS lights BW © DSC_8002.jpg

Attachments

• Petrie 2 BTS lights BW © DSC_8002.jpg
    Petrie 2 BTS lights BW © DSC_8002.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 148
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom