Places to Stay Anilio

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

All really very helpful. I am going to be travelling solo the last week of April for 4 days of diving in Anilao a(after 4 days in pg). Am looking for options for both accommodations and diving. Any input helpful. Apparently eqster holiday so tight.
Looking for midrange and highr places ad need to work on laptop at night.

All really very helpful. I am going to be travelling solo the last week of April for 4 days of diving in Anilao a(after 4 days in pg). Am looking for options for both accommodations and diving. Any input helpful. Apparently eqster holiday so tight.
Looking for midrange and highr places ad need to work on laptop at night.

Ooooh, Holy Week and Easter, man you better book ASAP! Major travel time here in PH.

That said, check out Casa Escondida or Blue Ribbon. They are certainly not the only options around, there are many "upper scale" Anilao resorts, but both of those guys have great reputations.

We’ve just returned yesterday from two weeks at Crystal Blue, it couldn’t have been a better experience! Great diving, great dive master, really nice place with great food!

If you're looking for PG recommendations I found the wifi in El Galleon's poolside economy rooms fast and very reliable. Not sure if there are routers in all the rooms but there was one in mine. The wifi in the restaurant area was not great when I was there however. There are higher cost rooms than the one I stayed in that are doubtless nicer/larger- don't know about their signal though. El Galleon/Asia Divers has a strong reputation, very convenient dock and a stellar manager.

I meant no slight to Anilao. I’m just back from my 10th week diving there. :) I was just trying to help @drschibi with his request for explanation since no one else had jumped in.

What has kept me personally returning to Anilao, besides the logistics, value, and often terrific animals, is the long - in some cases unlimited - dive times. One summer when I found myself with my own boat I logged a record number of two hour dives. Even when not travelling solo, I don’t know of any other location in the world that routinely offers 80-90+ min boat dive times for groups (I would love to know of any others!)
On my last dive on my last day in Black Sands in Lembeh I clocked 97 minutes. Obviously it was very shallow. I was diving with a very nice couple and it as an amazingly productive dive. The agreement was that the guide would surface after 60 minutes but we saw so much that he stayed down too.

I am trying to decide between Dive and Trek, and Casa Escondida right now for a 2 night stay (5/2-5/4) after 5 days in PG with El Galleon. Dive and Trek is appealing because it offers unlimited shore diving, while Casa Escondida is more expensive, and most of the dives are boat dives, but looks nicer/newer, which is something the fiancee might appreciate.

Still waiting to hear back from Casa Escondida before I make a decision, but if anyone has recommendations, let me know! I also looked at blue ribbon and acquaventures, but they are fully booked the days im looking to be there.

I am trying to decide between Dive and Trek, and Casa Escondida right now for a 2 night stay (5/2-5/4) after 5 days in PG with El Galleon. Dive and Trek is appealing because it offers unlimited shore diving, while Casa Escondida is more expensive, and most of the dives are boat dives, but looks nicer/newer, which is something the fiancee might appreciate.

Still waiting to hear back from Casa Escondida before I make a decision, but if anyone has recommendations, let me know! I also looked at blue ribbon and acquaventures, but they are fully booked the days im looking to be there.

They're both great options and I, personally, love both. Please realize though that they both have different strengths and weaknesses.

Casa Escondida:
+'s: Great rooms (very new), Great hospitality staff, good food, awesome dive operation. More resort-ish.

-'s: All boat dives, cost per dive, and more expensive stay. No snorkeling or house reef on site.

Dive n Trek:
+'s: Unlimited air fills for all shore dives, amazing shore dive opportunities, dive when you want for however long you want (can). Good dive staff and DM (Jake). Open, free range, feeling of the property - be as independent you want. Huge selection of delicious dishes in the buffet at each meal. Fantastic snorkeling and house reef (especially good if you want to stay in the water during SI).

-'s: Rooms are old and super basic, but quite functional. Free range feeling of the property - the staff is not there to baby sit you - they will basically leave you alone unless you need something. Watch out for the big red tree ants (hantik), they are mostly passive, but pack quite a bite if you "threaten" them.... best to flick them way, not smash LOL.

So really, fantastic options, but very different atmospheres. Totally up to you!
:cheers:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom