Have time, will travel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

billt4sf

Contributor
Reaction score
Fayetteville GA, Wash DC, NY, Toronto, SF
# of dives
500 - 999
Long story short - I have three weeks to kill and I'm looking for ideas.

Our Ring of Fire trip ends 19 Sept in Ambon at which point my spousal unit is going to the Phils to visit her family and I am left to my own devices. We will just have completed about three weeks of diving in Komodo and the Banda Sea, I'm not sure I want to follow that up with three MORE weeks of diving, and I probably cannot afford that anyway. I have to meet the spousal unit in Singapore on 10 Oct. or so.

I have some ideas but none has grabbed me fully.

Throw some ideas at me!

- Bill

I assume you mean Boris Johnson! Have a great time, Bill. I did a little bit of volunteering planting coral (although that won't probably suit you as it is diving again).

Visit Sulawesi, Starting from Makassar Up to the togians and down to Bau-bau.

Here's something out of the box for you Bill - not quite Indo but may as well be due to the proximaty to Jakarta where there is a once a week flight - Christmas Island. It's Australian territory so expect Aus prices, diving is very good and you will likely have the water to yourself and one of the worlds greatest migrations happens there - the March of the millions of land crabs. Although the mass march is seasonal the crabs are everywhere all year round. There's a once a week flight from CI to Cocos Keeling islands which also have diving, chilling out and interesting history.

Here's something out of the box for you Bill - not quite Indo but may as well be due to the proximaty to Jakarta where there is a once a week flight - Christmas Island. It's Australian territory so expect Aus prices, diving is very good and you will likely have the water to yourself and one of the worlds greatest migrations happens there - the March of the millions of land crabs. Although the mass march is seasonal the crabs are everywhere all year round. There's a once a week flight from CI to Cocos Keeling islands which also have diving, chilling out and interesting history.

It’s on my bucket list. The crab migration is not until November though.

Dan I've never managed to be on CI for that one night but all year round they're marching around the island and give CI a click click rustling soundtrack - I personally find them hilarious. One day I will get there in November for the show :)

Have you been to Yojakarta to see Borobudur? Or perhaps you'd like to take a run up to Thailand and check out Chiang Mai and/or down the east coast of Thailand Prachuap, Cha am/Hua Hin, etc.

Or perhaps Kuala Lumpur and Penang.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom