I have become that which I loathed, a....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Congratulations, you should go buy yourself a new Teric, ultralight travel friendly BP/W and lightweight travel reg to drown your sorrows and console yourself!

The current jacket BCD I own is good enough for me. My next big thing to get is a better computer.

SP...

We've got some of the best wrecks...the clearest...cleanest...fresh water...albeit cold...anywhere in the world...

Maybe not in your backyard...but certainly within Ontario...

If you don't already own one...a dry-suit will open up lots of local opportunities...and opposed to flying to ''hot beach'' destinations...your new dry-suit will pay for itself in one local trip...non-expedition type dry-suits are not expensive...and as well as new...there are lots of good used suits available...

I routinely make 4/5/6/ hour...one way trips in Ontario...multi day trips included...a lot less expensive than flying to any dive destination anywhere...and our battered Dollar is still worth a Dollar at home...

Feel free to PM me if you'd like some local destinations...

Best...

Warren

SP...

We've got some of the best wrecks...the clearest...cleanest...fresh water...albeit cold...anywhere in the world...

Maybe not in your backyard...but certainly within Ontario...

If you don't already own one...a dry-suit will open up lots of local opportunities...and opposed to flying to ''hot beach'' destinations...your new dry-suit will pay for itself in one local trip...non-expedition type dry-suits are not expensive...and as well as new...there are lots of good used suits available...

I routinely make 4/5/6/ hour...one way trips in Ontario...multi day trips included...a lot less expensive than flying to any dive destination anywhere...and our battered Dollar is still worth a Dollar at home...

Feel free to PM me if you'd like some local destinations...

Best...

Warren

I live in Sudbury. I own a drysuit, as I used to live in Halifax and Victoria.

I know there is good diving to be had in the Great Lakes. I just wish there was good local diving. There is a local Scuba club. I may join them and see if any of the locations are worth it.

Please turn in your Canadian card. We are cold water divers with 3 oceans and the Great Lakes.diving local, it’s a must.
:D

I got my certification 10 years ago.Up to a few years ago, I dove locally and enjoyed it. A few years ago, I moved inland and went for a dive and only saw muck. That is the day I became that which I loathed. a destination Diver.

I have dove the Cenotes, Cuba's Bay of Pigs and now the Dominican Republic's Sousa. I like the warm water. I like the life I see. I like the visibility.
I may try some other lakes here, but I think I am turning into that which I never thought I would become.
We dove locally (in our State) for 10 years before getting a warm water trip. Did only warm water for the next 10 years. Now we do both but I really like cold salt water.

30 years of cold water diving....

In all that time, a few warm water trips: San Salvador, Bahamas (1989), Bonaire (1996) [honeymoon], Negril, Jamaica (2015), Key Largo, Florida (2017), Curacao (2x in 2018, and again a single time planned in 2019).

I might be slipping.......

Then again, this year, I'm still diving Lake Ontario (Picton), Huron (Tobermory), Lake Erie and the Niagara River, and hopefully the St. Lawrence....

Back
Top Bottom