1st Time Micro 2.0 User

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mcraatz

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
My wife and I are heading to Roatan in few weeks and we are renting a Sealife Micro 2.0 with 2500LP Light. We are looking for any tips or tricks to get the best results. We have normally used a GoPro Hero 4 and mostly used it for video and then later captured pictures from the video. We found that we would get more use from pictures then video. We have read good things about the Sealife Micro 2.0 and are really looking forward to giving it a try.

Stay as still as possible and always take at least 2 shots, so hopefully 1 turns out. Also make sure to set it for underwater mode, but be aware if you on't change it back pics on the boat will be red.

Look at the Sea Life Facebook page. Some great photos with mostly the 2000 and the Micro 2.0. Sometimes the photographer adds the settings they used on a shot to their post.

I have used the micro 2 a couple of times. I found in the beginning that I was getting way to close to subjects and the pictures were way to blurry. If you want to take pictures of something closer than a few inches you have to get the macro lens that snaps onto lens. Other than that make sure you have the settings right betweeen surface, snorkeling and diving; the camera uses different filters for those settings that affect the pictures you take. If you don’t get it right you can still fix it in editing.

Don’t know if the rental unit they gave you had multiple batteries for the light. Depending on intensity of light it will last from 1-3 hours, so having extra battery is useful if you are out on a boat and doing 3-4 dives before coming back in.

Mrs Flush and I both use a Micro 2.0. @loosenit2 is correct about the really close stuff needing the macro lens. I would say anything closer than 6" you should use it. Conversely, anything else with a distance greater than that try to get as close as what you can safely.
One of the biggest mistakes that I continually made was not being close enough. The best advice I found and try to follow is to fill the LCD screen with your subject.

I rented one back in November for my trip to Bayahibe DR. First time using an underwater camera it was pretty simple and I got some great pics and videos. Just FYI I rented it from this guy and the experience was awesome.

Underwater Camera Rental - SeaLife Micro 2.0 dive camera with light

These are the guys that we are using. Glad to hear it was a good experience. There is not alot of places to rent underwater cameras.

Back
Top Bottom