Halcyon small size BP - cam/tank straps

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

They never have, at least not as far as I remember.

They used to: my wife's small Halcyon bp w/ cam band slots.
IMG_5642(1).jpg

Halcyon used to make a single tank wing with no internal bladder, just RF welded sealed outer shell w/ tank stabilizers and cam band slots.

Curious why they don't have slots cut in this one.

Unless Tobin gets up and running again I'd say there's room in the market for someone who wants to make a small size plate at a fair price. Thanks for the help everyone!

Oxycheq also makes a small plate. I believe it has slots.

I need to get a plasma cutter and a sheet metal break!

Can't believe what they are asking for the STA....

FYI - I believe Halcyon is now making this a Carbon Fiber Plus backplate with the slots for the cam bands and cinch system built in. It does not require an STA and they make a wing ( 30#? ) with the slots for the cam bands built in to go with it.
Halcyon Carbon Fiber Plus Backplate. Buy in Canada

Funny, just bought the small Halcyon for my wife also. How does your wife like hers?

My wife loves hers. She's been using the small plate for 13 years. Initially, she was wary about switching to a BP/W, but as soon as she tried it, she was convinced. She used a standard plate at first, but when my son grew taller than my wife, we switched their plates, and she's happier with the small. FYI, my wife is 5"3" and the small plate is perfect.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom