Palau - what a place to dive!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Juergen_187

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
It's the world's first shark sanctuary, a huge area where sharks are protected....and you can see that! Nowhere else I've seen so many sharks around, getting close up, enjoying the current, it's fantastic. But Palau is much more...

This is my homage to Palau - thank you to the crew of the 7th wonder dive center who helped me and became my cast. I hope you like it!

Chapters:

0:40 Chapter One: Ray Dance
4:19 Chapter Two: Mountains and Streams
7:12 Chapter Three: Of Stone and Steel
10:16 Blue Corner

Nice video! I first dove Palau in 1981. It is a magical place. M

My favorite dive destination

Good video! Palau is on my list too. What was the visibility? Have you noticed any coral bleaching?

Hi, thanks! We've been there twice in 2017, visibility was good to very good overall, I only remember the site around jake seaplane with a bit reduced visibility of below 20 meters. Corals look very good, hardly any bleaching. The only thing we were missing there was the Jellyfish lake, we were told they almost all died during an El Nino phase. Now, it seems they're back in great numbers...

Hi, thanks! We've been there twice in 2017, visibility was good to very good overall, I only remember the site around jake seaplane with a bit reduced visibility of below 20 meters. Corals look very good, hardly any bleaching. The only thing we were missing there was the Jellyfish lake, we were told they almost all died during an El Nino phase. Now, it seems they're back in great numbers...
Thank you for your reply. Much appreciated.

Wow! Blue corner does not disappoint. Palau is right up there on my bucket list. Thanks for sharing a great video.

Wow! Blue corner does not disappoint. Palau is right up there on my bucket list. Thanks for sharing a great video.

Thanks a lot.....yeah, Blue Corner was really outstanding. Never before I've seen so many sharks around, getting close and even rolling backwards, enjoying the current. And overall it's a very abundant, great site.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom