Cape Ann next summer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm local and dive Cape Ann a handful of times per year, but there are people who absolutely love it and dive it every weekend. I'll echo a few things mentioned earlier: shore diving is abundant and not deep, many people opt for drysuits especially if they're cold-sensitive, there are boat dives to various spots but plenty of shore dives to keep you interested for some time so I'd start there, you do need to watch out for entanglements like lobster pot lines, beware of parking rules at dive sites. The now-defunct Cape Ann Divers shop still has their shore dive website up to give you an idea of some spots: Welcome to Cape Ann Divers!. Print that off before the page is taken down.

There are groups who go every Saturday and groups that go every Sunday. (And I know of one group that goes every Wednesday for a night dive.) Some but not all of those groups shut down for the winter. Some require you to join an organization and/or sign a liability form, and some may not. Some organizations to investigate:
That's off the top of my head, and surely there are more. I did my first cold water dives with MWDC and they were super helpful and friendly for someone coming in who'd only done warm water diving. Great folks. I also like the folks at Undersea Divers and would recommend them as well.

Wow, that's super helpful. Thanks! Salem / Danvers are both quite convenient so that's perfect.

If you're going to be in Hamilton, I'd swing down to Undersea Divers and talk to Whitney who owns the shop. That will probably be your local dive shop due to proximity, and it's a good choice regardless of where you live. Her dad started the shop so she's been involved with diving her whole life, and she can give you a lot more info than can I (though feel free to ping me if you want).

Will do. May only be up once more before the winter. Back in May or so.

We'll be heading back to New England when schools get out here (late May) - I'll PM you my info, thanks for reaching out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom