Weezle undersuits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The_Goat

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I have been suggested to buy a weezle undersuit and just wanted some feedback. I have read the old threads were it was getting sucked into the exhaust valve but am wondering peoples thoughts on them now. The good and bad please.

I have found the the good, far outweighs the bad. (Blocking exhaust valve)

Great suits, still warm even if totally soaked.....couple strips of duct tape under the exhaust valve solves issues.

Fantastic thermals that will keep you warm for extended periods of time.

Have 2 Extreme + Thermals in use for over 10 years, washed them many times and they are still as warm as new.
There is nothing better!

Michael

A buddy of mine got one and found that it performs better than he expected. It ended up being too warm for the dives he was doing!

As far as I've heard, weezle is the best you can get...or thereabouts.

When I got mine the instructions were "don't layer". The layers are built in and range from wicking to shell. The outer shell is cold and that is where the moisture condenses at. It works. I like mine, but don't have the warmest version. Instructions are to wash after use but no fabric softener. Never had an issue with the exhaust valve. I have other options but this will see a lot of use.

I wear a thin (emphasis on "thin") wicking layer I wear under my Weezle Extreme. It makes it a bit easier to get in and out.

Great undersuits. Have two models: Compact as well as the Extreme +, which I have used on many dives to - 1.5 C with no problems. They work even if wet, are easy to wash and maintain and last a long time. My Compact is 17 years old and still going OK. My Extreme + is a litle bulky and may require a little more weight than other undersuits, even though I normally run my membrane drysuits with the exhaust fully open, but then I don't need a battery and heated undersuit like some of the people I have dived with to stay comfortable in very cold water.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom