Please help - Cuba Reviews? Jardines II Gardens of the Queen

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KRIDOR14

New
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
We are looking to do the Jardines II Aggressor in March - the Gardens of the Queen itinerary. However, I cannot seem to get find solid reviews of the diving. The reviews I do read are all over the map. It's not an inexpensive trip, so I want to make sure it's worth while, or we will look to go elsewhere.

Thanks very much!

It's awesome for the Caribbean, the best place left! Lots of sharks on most every dive, goliath groupers, healthy reefs.

Consider the Tortuga with Avalon diving as well. They dive the same area, but are a fixed operation out in the gardens. Sort of like a big houseboat on a barge platform. Lots more space, bigger rooms, etc.

Recent Photos:
https://1drv.ms/f/s!Alr8qi46H3EcgP69FL2Gqe4Y3s65yMQ

Thank you very much! Your pictures are AWESOME! It looks beautiful. Did you find the diving was very repetitive? It looks like the vis was great. What time of year did you go? What was the water temp?

I was there two weeks ago. Coolest time of the year, about 80F above and below the water. Some dives dipped to 78F. I was very comfortable in a 5mm suit, most who wore 3mm were adding vests and hoods.

The dive were lots of fun with many big critters around, little stuff to look at, and frequent feeding of Lionfish to sharks and groupers creating some drama. Also snorkeling with Crocs and diving under the mangroves - two fairly unique opportunities out there.

I also was on Tortuga with Avalon, but almost 3 1/2 years ago. The diving was fantastic, the reefs were healthy and colourful, and there was lots of big life. It's really hard to find that in the Caribbean these days. I have a detailed review of how it ran and lots of pics: Jardines de la Reina, Cuba Trip Report - September 2015

We are looking to do the Jardines II Aggressor in March - the Gardens of the Queen itinerary. However, I cannot seem to get find solid reviews of the diving. The reviews I do read are all over the map. It's not an inexpensive trip, so I want to make sure it's worth while, or we will look to go elsewhere.

Thanks very much!
Just did the trip on the A II over New Years. It's the best overall diving I've ever done in the Caribbean. Sharks everywhere, nice reefs, very laid-back and relaxed. The Silky Sharks are especially amazing. Go for it!

It's awesome for the Caribbean, the best place left! Lots of sharks on most every dive, goliath groupers, healthy reefs.

Consider the Tortuga with Avalon diving as well. They dive the same area, but are a fixed operation out in the gardens. Sort of like a big houseboat on a barge platform. Lots more space, bigger rooms, etc.

Recent Photos:
https://1drv.ms/f/s!Alr8qi46H3EcgP69FL2Gqe4Y3s65yMQ
Awesome photos! Thank you for sharing!

I've been twice in the past three years and would go back again. It's diving the way it used to be in the Caribbean. Both Aggressor boats are super and the newer one is larger. Take the time to also see Havana. it's worth a few day too. There were interesting things to see on all of the dives and swimming with the crocodile was fun too.

Looks great! I don't know why, but the crocs freak me out. My LDS went there on a trip last year, and they said a few of the crocs were aggressive. Did you notice that at all?

Looks great! I don't know why, but the crocs freak me out. My LDS went there on a trip last year, and they said a few of the crocs were aggressive. Did you notice that at all?

The crocodiles are in the mangroves and you never need to get in with them. The liveaboards overnight in the mangroves and your dive boat goes through the mangroves to get to the reef for diving. Some people go for a swim in the mangroves off the liveaboard, but definitely not all. Many are there just for the spectacular diving. I was on Tortuga with Avalon in 2015 and Aggressor wasn't there yet, so I can't speak directly about Aggressor.

When I went, there were only 3 known crocodiles in the mangroves. I didn't mind getting in with (little) Nino, but I was not getting in with Tito and definitely not Franco. None of them were known to be aggressive. The latter two were just large and larger. In fact, they come when called and with some clapping, even from a distance away.

Back
Top Bottom