Cayman Brac, top side recommendations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I concur with B&S for car rental. Have used their services twice with no issues. I think I had the same car each time (older model Toyota). It was nice driving to the airport instead of cramming in the shuttle. The return was simple: park it at the airport and leave the keys in the ashtray. :)

Tiny Island, you can do everything there is to do in 1 day or less.

Our "big night out" was to Star island Restaurant

Take a good book and plan on lots of sex to keep entertained. :D

20170822-115620.jpg

20170822-124424.jpg

Herer's another one....the western tip of the island is about an 8 minute walk from CBBR. Just walk out of the resort, turn left and follow the street to the end. The "beach" (rocky) is westward facing, so perfect for watching sunsets. Pick a clear night and walk down there to watch the show. There is even a small picnic table to sit at

Cayman%20Brac%20Pics%202019%20%28123%20of%20139%29-X2.jpg

Hi @large_diver

That was once a nice house on the west end

I was wondering about that. There is a For Sale sign on the lot (and so many other for sale signs around the island)

I walked down there every morning at about 5:30AM to stretch my artifical knees out before diving....and a few nights at sunset. Very peaceful

This is a bit late but one dive op appears to be omitted from the recommendations/information- Brac Scuba Shack. We dove with them and they are the best dive op we've experienced (tie with Sea Saba). I can't recommend them enough!

Having been captivated by the tragic story of Donald Crowhurst I found seeing the remains of his boat on the Brac a somewhat emotional and special moment.

He and his story of him competing in the 1968 Sunday Times Golden Globe sailing race were the subject of a Hollywood movie.

I thought the book was better: https://www.amazon.com/Strange-Last-Voyage-Donald-Crowhurst/dp/0071414290

A quick story of the boat. What happened to Donald Crowhurst's boat and where is she now?

This is a bit late but one dive op appears to be omitted from the recommendations/information- Brac Scuba Shack. We dove with them and they are the best dive op we've experienced (tie with Sea Saba). I can't recommend them enough!

Thank you for sharing. I did mention them in the 3rd post on this thread but I've never dived with them so I couldn't say more than that they have a good reputation.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom