Diving the Spiegel Grove this Weekend - Any Guesses on Current?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No current on the spiegel today, vis 80 feet amazing dive.

Saw the biggest permit I have ever seen in my life, seriously huge. Will post some video when I get home.

Very little current "around the bend" and up in Palm Beach today as well.

This guy snuck up on us or I would have had a better shot. This was the second time I saw him, the first time he kind of took off. Then he looped back and rode the ridge of the reef while we were down in a valley. So by the time I looked up this was the best shot I could get. Didn't see him again. Can't tell if its a blacktip or a spinner.

Screen-Shot-2019-03-23-at-5-01-19-PM.png

Here are the Permit I saw, the pics do not do them justice. The one in the front was probably 40 inches.

Screen-Shot-2019-03-23-at-5-34-28-PM.png

This is the Remora that was trying to make me his partner

Screen-Shot-2019-03-23-at-10-33-47-PM.png

Screen-Shot-2019-03-23-at-10-33-11-PM.png

Glad you guys had fun and found good current on the spiegel. Nice pictures/video too!

This guy snuck up on us or I would have had a better shot. This was the second time I saw him, the first time he kind of took off. Then he looped back and rode the ridge of the reef while we were down in a valley. So by the time I looked up this was the best shot I could get. Didn't see him again. Can't tell if its a blacktip or a spinner.

View attachment 511087

Looks like a spinner to me. The black tip (if that is a black tip) on the anal fin is a good ID mark (although not always). Another way to tell them apart is if the backside of the peck fins overlap the front of the dorsal fin it is a blacktip. Can’t see this in your pic but a useful tip nonetheless.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom