Dunbar Rock room question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jcm1911a1

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
We are a small group of friends heading to Dunbar Rock this year. Can anyone tell me their thoughts on upgrading to the Presidential suite? My wife and I almost always upgrade above the basic room no matter where we go, but this one will be at a substantially higher price tag. Just wanting to know if people thought it was or was not worth doing?

Been there, dove the shallows and vicinity, never stayed or ate there. Two people here on SB have actually spent a week, I suggest you <search> to locate their reports and invite them to this thread.

DRR has three levels of rooms per website
-Queen bed $1995pp (2pax)
-King bed $1995pp (2pax)
-Presidential $2499pp 2pax (King, hot tub, TV, stocked fridge, executive desk)
-Penthouse $1953pp (3pax) 2 Q (stocked fridge) patio seating

The “stocked fridge” is undefined. Once comp or ala carte?

Why you would want a TV, dunno. Same with a hot tub. And a desk.

The bump from K or Q Suites to Presidential would be $36 pp/day

Curiously, Lack of any detailed floor layout plan.

You say you’re going with a “small group”...you may essentially be owning the place. Depending on what that really means, maybe they’d upgrade you at a discounted rate in the final days rather than it remaining unsold.

For some, the biggest difference and advantage might be less stair climbing, but DRR isn’t exactly handicapped accessible no matter what room.

Report back. DRR is the next big thing.

We stayed at the sister property Clark's Cay in August and visited DR several times between dives and for lunch. I really wasn't impressed with DR. We liked CC much better for a lot of reasons including a better pool, nicer facilities, and no steps or stairs to climb.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom