Aladin Pro? Still worth it?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mines very similar to the one in the video.
Bit orange due to the light

Attachments

• CameraZOOM-20190315191728335.jpg
    CameraZOOM-20190315191728335.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 64
Your one is the third generation Aladin and, yes, oil filled. The second generation had a battery that was easily changeable by the user.

They were the best computer around at the time and still good now. I have two that I use as emergency backups in case someone's computer is dead before a dive. Quite conservative compared to tables but more liberal than most newer computers.

AA Batteries | RS Components
Tadiran SL360/PT or SAFT LS 145003PFRP or whatever. But please make sure the battery is tagged with single pin on +ve and two pins on -ve.

Get the liquid paraffin oil from Boots. And you need solder with high tin content and a small solder iron. Plastic dropper or syringe(without the needle) would be very useful.

Pretty easy(DIY) albeit a bit messy.

I am still using a 22yrs old Aladin Pro Nitrox.

There is a new Z for sale on here for $250. If I was in the market for a computer I would have bought it already. It takes battery changes completely out of the equation.

My second dive computer was the Aladin Pro (first was an Orca Skinny Dipper). I liked it a lot. However, the battery in it failed while I was on a 150 ft dive so I had to literally count off my deco obligation.

When it failed, it displayed 38% battery still remaining. In the manual it stated that even with 0% left on the battery you could still get in a dive or so. Not true... and a number of other divers had similar experiences. After this I bought two computers for redundancy.

Personally I wouldn't trust the Aladin Pro if it were my only computer. Your mileage may vary.

there is a guy in the states that does battery changes for a good price used to be called brass anchor ...ill try to get his new name

here it is spoke to him his prices are good and his work is too ..I will never again send back to scuba pro having 2 z airs cost me 500 plus dollars 1 of them with battery for life

oh PS david niven was a dyed in the wool spy and badass in WW2

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom