Current water temps

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pyro_

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Heading to Bonaire next weekend and am starting to pack so wondering what kind of water temps are ppl seeing down there right now?

"The" website is showing 79....versus the 77 reported above. Well within the margin of error for dive computers and websites!

Brrr, if you are doing multiple dives per day, you might want to re think that and bring a suit.

I do 4-5 a day on liveaboard for 2-3 back to back trips and don’t get cold in those temps in just T-shirt and shorts. Granted I also go around outside all winter in a vest and short sleeves till it gets to -15 to -20C

79-81 according to my computer last week.
I have three high-end computers, my wife has two. One of mine reads right on (compared to a Thermapen), one reads a degree F low, one reads 4 deg F low. Hers are +2 and -2, so she averages what she gets from both of them. The accuracy specs on dive computers are not very impressive, and my Shearwaters don't even give a specification for temperature accuracy!

I have three high-end computers, my wife has two. One of mine reads right on (compared to a Thermapen), one reads a degree F low, one reads 4 deg F low. Hers are +2 and -2, so she averages what she gets from both of them. The accuracy specs on dive computers are not very impressive, and my Shearwaters don't even give a specification for temperature accuracy!
That's about par for the accuracy course, IMHO.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom