Got me a Halcyon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wheezy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Actually got me a Halcyon and a half! Worked a deal on a second plate they had that was used, added the cinch upgrade kit and a "parts kit" and boom, move my wing over and I have a nice travel setup. Went with the 40lb wing and the SS STA with the 6lb weight and weight pockets.

Still could use a little help in fine tuning WHERE things should be in regards to the belt and rings for proper trim. Being 6'5" with short legs and a super long torso is challenging. I like the belt to be low but always ends up NEEDING to be a big higher than what I like. That said, I think I need a longer inflator hose and I'll be good to go.

Gonna stop by the shop on the way home and see what they think about how I set it up. (I'm definitely no expert and could use a little guidance). Anyhow, just wanted to brag... errr share. :)

PERFECT!! Thanks Guru!!!

Man, I sure wish conditions didn't suck right now here in So Cal. Can't wait to go dive this rig.

PERFECT!! Thanks Guru!!!

Man, I sure wish conditions didn't suck right now here in So Cal. Can't wait to go dive this rig.

Nice one, I'm sure you'll enjoy it. The halcyon BP is a nice piece of kit. I wasn't sold on the cinch to start with, but a bit of fiddling and tweaking and I was happy. I tend to leave the left strap set and adjust the right for donning and doffing.

I loved Cinch right out of the box. I'm a BIG dude and being able to loosen for donning and doffing was what sold me on the Halcyon system to begin with. I was set on something a little more affordable but as soon as I tried it, that was it. Done and done! Can't wait to go dive.

Haha. Spent all my money on gear and now can't afford to go dive.

Before you get a different inflator I’ll tell you what I noticed. And I’m short so my experience won’t be the same. I thought the inflator was real short to. However the design of that inflator makes it pull up into your body naturally. It’s not hanging down or flopping around. You also will not have to put as much effort into dumping air from your wing. I don’t think it was an oversight making it that short I think it’s made this way to create easier use and a more streamlined fit.

Does your tank rock with the weight in the tank adapter. The weight on mine seems to be to thick the tank will not pull into the tank adapter right. I need to contact Halcyon about it but have forgotten.

On the tank rocking when using weighted STA insert - Check the bolts. I was rocking so much I was easily spinning 360 in the pool in Dec. it turns out that one bolt was so loose it was almost coming out of the weighted insert. I took pics and sent them to Halcyon. They recommended I send it in for them to look at. Mine was 2 years old, only used in freshwater, and about 150 dives. I never got around to sending it in, although I need to. I’m concentrating on doubles mainly now.

The standard 12” long corrugated hose was too short for me. I switched to 16” and I was much happier.

The tank hits the weight it can only contact one side of the tank adapter at a time so it rocks from side to side. It’s not a loose bolt.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom