Places to Stay Anilio

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fdpdrum345

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey all. Been to lots of different places through the boards recommendations. All have been top notch. Where should I stay if I want the best dive experience and accommodations in Anilio? I like limited group size per dive master if possible, best dive sites, and decent food at the resort. Please keep in mind I am bringing my GF who is new to diving, and is getting certified for this trip. Thanks!

I second DSR-3 on Casa Escondida. Very nice property, nice clean rooms, great food (primarily Filipino food, but don't be scared, it's delicious) very attentive staff, and good access to many dive sites (though all boat dives). Their dive op is well setup with a great camera room. And their instructor is awesome!

Blue Ribbon is another great option. The operator is a member here on SB and has recently moved their operation from Puerto Galera to a newly renovated property in Anilao.

Portulano is another option. Their dive operation is good. Property is nice and quite, feels very private/exclusive. Good staff. Good rooms. My only criticism is the food... it's okay at best...

Although it may not fit your style (or maybe it does?) I prefer Dive & Trek for my weekend dive trips (great people hang out there, very good for socializing). The property is large and expansive, thatched roof gazebos for dive groups/gear, pretty good food (again, Filipino food), Fantastic instructor, very good staff (you never have to lift a tank while there...), amazing large healthy house reef for scuba classes and snorkeling, boat dives available to go to other sites. BUT, the property is admittedly older and the rooms are underwhelming but functional (A/C, bed, and restroom). They do have a set of newly built rooms which will cost you about $20~25 more. D&T offers unlimited air fills for shore dives, nobody else in Anilao does. Miss Earth pageant visits D&T annually for a few days of bonding time with a large group. (I really need to find out when they typically go....:p)

The top three properties will run you about the same cost in the end. D&T can be a little cheaper if you're not making many boat dives. All of the resorts I mentioned charge on a Per Person/Per Night basis, with meals (usually 4, plus snacks), water, coffee, juices included. This is because they're rather "captive", you can't just go somewhere else for a meal or whatever. Also, the beer prices are way cheap, like less than a dollar a beer for San Miguel Light, San Mig Pilsen, or Red Horse. Feel free to bring any additional snacks, booze, or whatever with you, they typically don't mind. (Hint, if you're a rum drinker, try the Tanduay 5 year, about $1.80 a liter bottle, mix with anything like Tonic, Coke, Sprite, Ginger Ale, Mt Dew, Pineapple, Mango, or Coconut juices.)

All of the properties listed have saltwater pools for instruction and weight checks, and fresh water service to the rooms (though not all properties in Anilao do, saltwater showers suck!). And all listed properties charge additional for each Boat Dive and DM, divided amongst all passengers/divers.

This is not a comprehensive list, but should start pointing you in the right direction. I hope it helps!

Cheers and best of luck!!
:cheers:

P.S. when are you considering making the trip?

Edit to add: nearly all dive ops in Anilao will be small groups on boat dives, therefore good Diver to DM ratio. The most divers I've ever had on a boat was 5 plus 3 DMs.

I've only been to Aiyanar...twice. Going back for a third time in May. I like the diving operation, the food, and the accommodations/amenities.

Thanks D_Fresh for the recommendation...wish I was a bit more active here, yet constantly in the water so don't post as often as I like.

Just to mention a correction to your post, we don't charge like the rest of Anilao, charge for a dive a straight up price, price is per room, single divers will still go out even if it is them on a boat, which I don't think you would find elsewhere in Anilao. Trying to be the same as every other resort in the world and not crazy Anilao complicated pricing.
Just send me a message if you need more information or check our website at www.blueribbondivers.com

Hope you don't mind the plug.

Jon

Hey Jon! Good to see you around! Thank you for clarifying, that actually makes a big difference. It's really great to see you running against the herd in Anilao. I promise I'll come visit you soon to see the new place :thumb: PM me anytime you're heading to Alabang.

fdpdrum345, please ask anything else you'd like feed back on. We Philippine divers are not on every day, but helpful when we are :wink:

Also planning a 5 day trip to Anilao and trying to understand pricing structure and differences... I have read about it... and re-read aobut it.... and I still can't understand. Maybe I am just slow. Can someone help?

I just returned from a great week at Casa Escondida, and diving with private boat and guide/spotter/photo coach Dennis Corpuz (Anilao Critters). Worth every penny (and then some)! Given the choice, I may never dive with a group again...
This sounds great. How did it work? Does Mr. Corpuz work with the resort? Is he a separate arrangement?

I just returned from a great week at Casa Escondida, and diving with private boat and guide/spotter/photo coach Dennis Corpuz (Anilao Critters). Worth every penny (and then some)! Given the choice, I may never dive with a group again...
Good choice, isn't it? :wink:
He's THE best. Period.

This sounds great. How did it work? Does Mr. Corpuz work with the resort? Is he a separate arrangement?
Contact him directly on his website anilaocritter.com he will book everything including accoms, transfers from Manila, and of course take care of the diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom