3mm Wetsuit Review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thank you for this great review. I’m looking to purchase my first wetsuit. And 3mm is exactly what I need.

Any recommendations for what to wear in June wile diving in The Bahamas. I will be there for eight days diving for of them two dive each day.
3m full, shorty any suggestions would be great.

It would be nice if they offered a model with pockets on the outside of the thighs as well. I’m morally opposed to front mounting pockets. Other than that one issue they look like great suits.

It would be nice if they offered a model with pockets on the outside of the thighs as well. I’m morally opposed to front mounting pockets. Other than that one issue they look like great suits.

mine aren't quite as far forward as they look in the pictures. More like 10/2 vs 9/3. I think canting them forward a hair makes them usable with sidemount.

Any recommendations for what to wear in June wile diving in The Bahamas. I will be there for eight days diving for of them two dive each day.
3m full, shorty any suggestions would be great.

I'd go with a 3mm full suit. A quick search showed expected temps to be 80 or a little less.

they aren't front mounted.. they are in between side and front

I know it d
mine aren't quite as far forward as they look in the pictures. More like 10/2 vs 9/3. I think canting them forward a hair makes them usable with sidemount.
I know it does, that is why I did it.. :)

Seriously, you are correct, they really aren't "in front" at all. i had a drysuit like that once and hated it.

Just got the 3mil suit. Wow! Nice job Deep6. The pockets are near perfect and at just the right angle for sidemount as far as I can judge. Very high quality everything and far superior to my henderson aqua lock. If it was just a comparison between it and every high end suit I've tried it would come out on top but add two pockets that I don't have to glue on myself and it's just far and away better. I'm 6'2 1/2" and 185 pounds with a long torso and the large size fits perfectly snug and wrinkle free. I'll update after I put 20 or so dives on it. I picked up some blue fins too because....blue. Oh and the rash guard in a large is freaking awesome. I will be ordering more of those.

Edit to add, actually I like my 5 mil by waterproof equally well and in some ways a bit better but it retails for 200$ more and has one pocket which is held on by velcro. I like my waterproof stuff but I'd trade my 5 mil for a 5 mil deep six in a new york minute.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom