Search and Rescue - Scubaboard Staff Member - Northernone - Missing in Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard the news but did not realize it was Northernone. Was he diving his CCR?

Wow just saw this....
Hoping for the best, hang in there friend!!

Update: The air search has been suspended for the evening with no signs of Cameron. I’m told the search will begin again at sunrise.

We have had divers in the water to 80-100 feet for a fair portion of the wall and found nothing, but we can use some CCR divers willing to make a 50 meter extended dive. It’s very unlikely Cameron is down there, but we should rule it out. If anyone has these skills, please contact us.

At this point the search is obviously well outside the Cozumel area, too. We need all the eyes in the sky we can get. If anyone knows any private pilots / planes in Cuba, Cancun, Houston, and Tampa / Miami please let them know we need their assistance.

A number of years ago I had friends lost off the coast of Utila, Honduras. Four days later they were found alive and well near the Florida Keys. So I fully believe we have time and will rescue our friend.
I wish they would continue night operations. Lights and strobes are much easier to spot than a head or small SMB in an open ocean during daylight.

Donated, really hoping for the best on this one, guy certified me for my AOW, and is a really nice and enthusiastic guy.

Hope to have good news soon!

Donated but I am still concerned about that CCR that he used to dive with. Does anyone know if he was on CCR or Open Circuit?

I wish they would continue night operations. Lights and strobes are much easier to spot than a head or small SMB in an open ocean during daylight.

Agree on this too. Anyone has news on why the air search is suspended till sunrise? Technical difficulties of some sort perhaps?

Donated but I am still concerned about that CCR that he used to dive with. Does anyone know if he was on CCR or Open Circuit?

He was on OC in sidemount.

Very sad and disturbing news. I never realized he was such a young man. Indeed as another poster mentioned he came across on his posts as reasoned and mature gentleman. Hang in there Cameron, everyone is pulling for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom