Search and Rescue - Scubaboard Staff Member - Northernone - Missing in Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just read this a few hours ago on Facebook. Praying for him to beat the odds and for everything to line up just right so they can find him. It was a terrible feeling today looking out over the water, watching the sunset and knowing that he was still out there somewhere. I had the pleasure of meeting him and his girlfriend at a Scubaboard meetup in Cozumel (where I live). Prayers being sent, over and over again and thinking about this mom and girlfriend - I can't imagine how hard this is to sit and wait. Please God...help these searchers find him. Someone find him.

I donated to the GoFundMe page to help find him, have included it in my signature here on ScubaBoard, & am sharing the link on all my social media as well as my dive club's social media.

(Thanks to @doctormike or sharing this on our club's Facebook page which is how I found out about this.)

I'd urge others to donate or share as well if you haven't yet. We could help him be found alive.

I donated to the GoFundMe page to help find him, have included it in my signature here on ScubaBoard, & am sharing the link on all my social media as well as my dive club's social media.

(Thanks to @doctormike or sharing this on our club's Facebook page which is how I found out about this.)

I'd urge others to donate or share as well if you haven't yet. We could help him be found alive.
The total is up $2k since I donated 20 minutes ago. Fingers crossed.

While I’ve never meet him we had some limited back and fourth on SB and I would have never guess he was as young as he was because he carried himself so well. He was very knowledgeable about diving and I hope he comes back to share his insight of this incident.

Thoughts and prayers out to this young man and his family/friends especially his mother who was with him on this dive (hopefully not his last!).

Update: The air search has been suspended for the evening with no signs of Cameron. I’m told the search will begin again at sunrise.

We have had divers in the water to 80-100 feet for a fair portion of the wall and found nothing, but we can use some CCR divers willing to make a 50 meter extended dive. It’s very unlikely Cameron is down there, but we should rule it out. If anyone has these skills, please contact us.

At this point the search is obviously well outside the Cozumel area, too. We need all the eyes in the sky we can get. If anyone knows any private pilots / planes in Cuba, Cancun, Houston, and Tampa / Miami please let them know we need their assistance.

A number of years ago I had friends lost off the coast of Utila, Honduras. Four days later they were found alive and well near the Florida Keys. So I fully believe we have time and will rescue our friend.

Update: The air search has been suspended for the evening with no signs of Cameron. I’m told the search will begin again at sunrise.

We have had divers in the water to 80-100 feet for a fair portion of the wall and found nothing, but we can use some CCR divers willing to make a 50 meter extended dive. It’s very unlikely Cameron is down there, but we should rule it out. If anyone has these skills, please contact us.

At this point the search is obviously well outside the Cozumel area, too. We need all the eyes in the sky we can get. If anyone knows any private pilots / planes in Cuba, Cancun, Houston, and Tampa / Miami please let them know we need their assistance.

A number of years ago I had friends lost off the coast of Utila, Honduras. Four days later they were found alive and well near the Florida Keys. So I fully believe we have time and will rescue our friend.

Thank you, Henry! Your updates are greatly appreciated by a growing group who are praying and hoping that the SAR crews are successful soon.

Michael

@Wookie do you know if any .mil/CG assets out of KW would respond to a situation such as this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom