http://www.diveheart.org/

Help for Cameron Donaldson (Northernone) urgently needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MMM

Staff member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Click here to support Find Cameron Donaldson organized by Friends of Northernone

There is an active thread on this situation in the Accidents and Incidents forum. Scubaboard Staff Member - Northernone - Missing in Cozumel

However, in case you don't go there, and read all the way through, I am including this link to the GoFundMe page raising money for the air search to find him.

Please go to the A&I forum if you want to post about the accident itself. This is strictly to bring attention to the need to fund the air search.

I just received a message from a mutual friend about this. Sad to hear.

I hope he can be found.

I donated earlier, but adding to this thread, I'd urge folks to not only donate, but also:

1. Share that GoFundMe page across all of your social media, with dive buddies, & with your dive club (whether you can donate or not, sharing a GoFundMe ups the chance of more donations).

2. Include the info/link in your signature here on ScubaBoard like I've done below so more people see this.

3. Help with the actual search. @Sloeber (who is the point person for the search) noted that they need:
  • Private pilot volunteers/planes in Cuba, Cancun, Houston, & Tampa/Miami.
  • CCR divers willing to make a 50-meter extended dive in Cozumel. (It’s unlikely Cameron/@northernone is down there, but they want to rule it out.)
  • His contact info is: Henry Schultz
    Salty Endeavors Scuba Center - Scuba Schools International Dive Center #809653
    https://cozumelscuba.com (312) 757-6167 from USA | (987) 111-9138 in Mexico
This is warm water & divers have been found alive after many days swept far away. Cameron/@northernone is in a 5mm. It's possible he could be found alive with all of our help.

Already contacted my people.

Let's keep this thread moving to the top.

• CCR divers willing to make a 50-meter extended dive in Cozumel. (It’s unlikely Cameron/@northernone is down there, but they want to rule it out.).

I would volunteer to help with the search in a heartbeat except the chances of anyone seeing anything at 50 meters is extremely small as the profile of the wall along most of Palancar is very steep and goes to well below anything a diver would be capable of. You would need a very large team of CCR divers and a lot of support for those divers.
I greatly applaud your effort but the deep dive team might not be very productive I'm afraid.

Keep spreading the word, folks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom