Conestoga - St Lawrence, as clear as it gets

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great video! Man, was that clear! How long were you in the water? I was surprised one guy was diving wet.

Cool video. It's great that the drone operator got you in the wreck. But..., does the guy with the white fins ever lose them in the snow??

That was freaking awesome! Thanks for sharing. The exit looks a little slippery. @Felipe S did you walk back to the entry point? It looked like the water was frozen enough you could walk straight back to the entry point. We park the cars at the exit point and using one car to bring everyone to the entry point.

That was freaking awesome! Thanks for sharing. The exit looks a little slippery. @Felipe S did you walk back to the entry point? It looked like the water was frozen enough you could walk straight back to the entry point. We park the cars at the exit point and using one car to bring everyone to the entry point.
I'm not in this dive, I wish, these are guys from the local dive shop, I thought the video was so amazing I wanted to share. If you want to ask questions to the guy (Robert) that took the video post a message on Youtube or check him out on Facebook.

I'm not in this dive, I wish, these are guys from the local dive shop, I thought the video was so amazing I wanted to share. If you want to ask questions to the guy (Robert) that took the video post a message on Youtube or check him out on Facebook.
And yes, I do believe they walked back over to the entry point / parking lot

Yeah I’m surprised they don’t have a car at the end. That drift dive is long (2km?) if memory serves right. It’s been years since I dive it though so don’t quote me. I wouldn’t want to walk all the way back.

Well done, KDS. If only the viz was like that in July.....

Seems that the vis in the summer has been on the down side the last few years. I remember 6 or so years ago summer vis 60' or better. Maybe it was longer ago, not sure (oldage). But, I remember it was shortly after the peak in Zebra Mussels. Loved the clarity, hated the sharp edged little ba&^&%%&&tards!!!

Seems that the vis in the summer has been on the down side the last few years. I remember 6 or so years ago summer vis 60' or better. Maybe it was longer ago, not sure (oldage). But, I remember it was shortly after the peak in Zebra Mussels. Loved the clarity, hated the sharp edged little ba&^&%%&&tards!!!
I have only been diving since 2010, with 2012 being my first dive in the river. I can certainly say that the vis has decreased in that time. Sad to say that even through this small window you can clearly see the deterioration of the Conestoga as well.

Yeah I’m surprised they don’t have a car at the end. That drift dive is long (2km?) if memory serves right. It’s been years since I dive it though so don’t quote me. I wouldn’t want to walk all the way back.

Because you have to walk east to the Legion, up to Highway 2 then west back to Galop Canal Road, it is actually 3 km to walk back... with all your gear. If the canal is frozen and you can walk straight back, it is more like 600m from the exit point back to the entry point.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom