Sony Rx100 wide angle lens options?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Note that most wet wide lenses are made for 28mm focal length, which, on RX100 III/IV/V requires zooming in a little bit to avoid vignetting. Kraken KRL-01 is one of the few that are designed for 24mm, though I don't have any personal experience with it.
I'm researching housings for my new Sony rx100 Mk4,and the Nauticam w. Kraken KRL-01 port (no sales tax when purchased from B&H Photo) may be the answer. From what I understand this port will allow the full 24-70mm zoom range,but would like to know what others are using.

Jumped the gun and fit me the AIO UWL-09 Pro. Oh man... that mother is heavy...lol. yet to get it out underwater though. Hope it won't be too heavy.

Ok so now I have the wide angle and decided to get the whole rig set up. So I got the float arms etc. Question:
I'm a right hander. Should I mount the strobe on the left or right? Budget limiting at the moment or is gotten 2 Inon Z330.

Ok so now I have the wide angle and decided to get the whole rig set up. So I got the float arms etc. Question:
I'm a right hander. Should I mount the strobe on the left or right? Budget limiting at the moment or is gotten 2 Inon Z330.

I’d mount on the left to keep it away from my trigger and right hand/side if you only have one strobe. I would want to use my right hand to hang onto the tray, work menus, trigger and occasionally use my left to reach up to adjust the arm or strobe position without letting go of the camera with my right hand and continue with the menus as needed.

I’d mount on the left to keep it away from my trigger and right hand/side if you only have one strobe. I would want to use my right hand to hang onto the tray, work menus, trigger and occasionally use my left to reach up to adjust the arm or strobe position without letting go of the camera with my right hand and continue with the menus as needed.
Hmmm... I didn't really think things through. But you said here do make sense. I'll give it a try later in a pool. Thank you.

I also have an RX100v in a Fantasea housing... currently using it with an Inon H100 with the dome unit - the results are ok but having to zoom in to get rid of the vignette(?) does get to be a little annoying also wondering if I can go wider if I get a lens designed for 24mm so I was also looking at the Kraken KRL-01

as there is no Kraken distributor in my country (Ph) while looking around I was told by a Weefine distributor that the Kraken KRL-01 and the Weefine WFL01 are the same

Spec sheets are practically copy paste versions of each other:

Kraken KRL-01

Weefine WFL01

Does anyone have real world experience with any of the two wide angle lenses?

I also have an RX100v in a Fantasea housing... currently using it with an Inon H100 with the dome unit - the results are ok but having to zoom in to get rid of the vignette(?) does get to be a little annoying also wondering if I can go wider if I get a lens designed for 24mm so I was also looking at the Kraken KRL-01

as there is no Kraken distributor in my country (Ph) while looking around I was told by a Weefine distributor that the Kraken KRL-01 and the Weefine WFL01 are the same

Spec sheets are practically copy paste versions of each other:

Kraken KRL-01

Weefine WFL01

Does anyone have real world experience with any of the two wide angle lenses?
Pubert, are you using the TYPE1 or TYPE 2 Inon lens? The TYPE 1 puts the lends closer to the housing port. Please let me know as I want to order an H100 for my RX100 Fantasea housing.

Thanks.

Pubert, are you using the TYPE1 or TYPE 2 Inon lens? The TYPE 1 puts the lends closer to the housing port.
It doesn't matter; the H100 is designed for 28mm-equivalent lenses and will vignette when used with a wider lens. It is an older product, designed in the time when most compact cameras had 28mm-equivalent lenses, such as the original RX100 and RX100 Mark II, so when you use it with a more modern camera with a wider lens, you have to zoom it to the UWL's design target. The Type 1 mounting is meant to be used with adapters, offsetting the extra distance they put between the lens and port glass. For more modern cameras that come with 24mm-equivalent lenses, Inon now sells the UWL-95S series of lenses.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom